Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Tools of the Trade
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Tools of the Trade If you have a question about what tools we use in creating our trucks here. Also discuss any tool experiences you have, the good the bad and the ugly! Hand tools to all out CNC machines!

Old 12-22-2015, 04:16 AM
Can I have the blazer back.....

Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kednelly View Post
Sure am glad somebody posted again.First off,NICE WORK!! Would you like more vacuum,or are you ok with what you have,which sounds like only a vacuum cleaner motor ,sealed to former.If you want more vacuum,I can recommend a book for you,No I'm not part of the company,just a guy with no pics ,building a vacuum former,cuz I want a specific part for a race car that might be bought,but still requires duct tape to solve problem.NOT saying! million dollar idea! Yeah right!
Quote:
I retract nice work,that is AWESOME WORK!You are a buck master!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfixer1 View Post
That bed is the Bees Knees! I have been trying to learn more about styrene. I have built a Jeep jk for a customer turned friend that I am going to try to replicate with a new bright body and other parts I've been accumulating.
I am digging the vacuum forming. Btw in the last pic the door looks great. I was concerned about the front post of it leaning towards the rear in an earlier pic. Great work!
Huge thanks guys.
Your starting to give me the ITCH again...ahahha
Not good in 2beers world when he gets the Itch...
I'll run out side in the freezing shop and take a photo of the newer version.
Could be a funner weekend winter project, and something that Needs done.
I still like the little version for the smaller parts, but a larger version would be the cats meow for whole side profiles or a complete pull for a body, or laying multiple little pieces out all at the same time.
Pic coming.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 12-22-2015, 04:29 AM

Here are some awe-full pics and a hint of what it looks like.
The black material is a flexible membrane.
It has a supper dooper vacuum already in it.
Not quite sure about the lights heating the styrene up enough, Will have to play around with it and find out. I have seen some illustrations of some using lights though. ????
I still want to build a MDF bed with smaller holes and incorporate into it.
And BRRRRR. Idaho is cold this time of year..haaaa
It will take some work no doubt to get it functional. Should be a fun project though.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Young Street Urchin

Member Number: 23755
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Had me wondering, till the last pic. Those aren't lights, they're actually heat lamps. They should work out very well. Looking forward to seeing this in action.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:07 PM

Member Number: 11554
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Thumbs up

Whoops! Didn't mean to send you out in the cold,but glad you're getting an itch! Also giving me the itch to go out to my cold shed and build the framework to hold plastic sheets for the one I'm building,which is a Douglas Walsh design.My biggest setback is I'm working 200 miles from home,only there on weekends,and usually there is other things more important than my hobbies to do,but time off for holidays coming up,so I'll try to get some pics and start other thread to not hijack yours.Great to see people still interested in thermo-forming,keep up the awesome work!
Old 12-23-2015, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
Had me wondering, till the last pic. Those aren't lights, they're actually heat lamps. They should work out very well. Looking forward to seeing this in action.
Quote:
Whoops! Didn't mean to send you out in the cold,but glad you're getting an itch! Also giving me the itch to go out to my cold shed and build the framework to hold plastic sheets for the one I'm building,which is a Douglas Walsh design.My biggest setback is I'm working 200 miles from home,only there on weekends,and usually there is other things more important than my hobbies to do,but time off for holidays coming up,so I'll try to get some pics and start other thread to not hijack yours.Great to see people still interested in thermo-forming,keep up the awesome work!
Thanks Guys.
Their a hoot and I really enjoy the challenges they bring, From carving or making bucks to the heat temperatures that has to be found.
Really gives you a great feeling when all goes to plan and you make a great pull.
More soon I imagine ahahaa.