Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Tools of the Trade
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Tools of the Trade If you have a question about what tools we use in creating our trucks here. Also discuss any tool experiences you have, the good the bad and the ugly! Hand tools to all out CNC machines!

Old 02-23-2014, 05:47 AM
Where did I go?

Member Number: 13899
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

there we go, found the better version of the above pics^

the proline body scales out to pretty much 8th scale. so when i made my chassis i scaled everything to 1:8 off this image and it matches up pretty nicely. id love a printed chassis, i can base everything else off that with tin/brass etc. unfortunately, $300 is just way above any budget i might be willing to spend on a body shell.

anywho, if i find the rest of the images ill pm them to you.

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:39 AM
Where did I go?

found this as well.

http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=11721
Old 02-24-2014, 04:55 AM

Member Number: 20188
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Nice work! G SWB has so much details...can't wait to see them finish! ......My Delica project is in progress
Attached Images

Last edited by pingu001 : 03-04-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 10264

Quote:
Originally Posted by klampykixx View Post
there we go, found the better version of the above pics^

the proline body scales out to pretty much 8th scale. so when i made my chassis i scaled everything to 1:8 off this image and it matches up pretty nicely. id love a printed chassis, i can base everything else off that with tin/brass etc. unfortunately, $300 is just way above any budget i might be willing to spend on a body shell.

anywho, if i find the rest of the images ill pm them to you.
Well, this price is quite on the steep side, thats correct. But then you will get something not everybody has. The drawings of the chassis is great, did you make them yourself? Then a printed chassis is not too far away. I am far from designing the chassis as well, at the moment there is not much spare time for the hobby at all.....

Quote:
found this as well.
There were several "designs" out there of a cherokee, also on the sketchup side. But when you look at the details on a lot of them, they were looking great, but were not too accurate. And what I learned already is, that imported surfaces were often very hard to change into printable data, so I rely on my own work ever since.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu001 View Post
Nice work! G SWB has so much detais...can't wait to see them finish! ......My Delica project is in progress
Wow, even without knowing the original, I have to say this is some great work! With which software were you doing the design? And what is the intention? Will this body be printed as well?

As I wrote further up, unfortunately at the moment the Cherokee project stalls, there were some other things more important at the moment, but it will be done in the end for sure!

Michael
Old 03-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Wasting Time'r

Getting there, slowly....

Now I am (more or less) happy with the result. After learning that most of the available drawings or downloadable designs were pretty faulty, I am quite sure to have it. At least close enough ;-)

So, what do you Jeep guys think?

Michael
Old 03-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Where did I go?

looks pretty good mate

looks to be in proper proportion
Old 03-18-2014, 05:33 AM

Member Number: 20399

2 questions

1: What sort of 3d printer do you use? would a simple kit build one do the job you guys are asking of it?

2: would it be possible to buy the drawings off you. Data is so much easier to send rather than to post a full body half way around the world.

Looks brilliant btw
Old 03-21-2014, 03:51 AM

Member Number: 20188

Hi! Micha,your cherokee looks pretty good,great work!The shape and details of the main body is final edition?And you make the reverse side of the body with what method in solidworks? ...By the way,my Delica was printed,i assemble all print parts to check if they are accurate.So exciting!
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2014, 03:57 AM
building things' out of other things

Member Number: 9396
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

This......... was printed!!! ..... totaly sold on this
Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 AM
Screamapillar

Member Number: 13559
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

That is amazing.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:54 AM
Wasting Time'r

Quote:
looks pretty good mate

looks to be in proper proportion
Thanks, but I found some more things that were off ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike View Post
2 questions

1: What sort of 3d printer do you use? would a simple kit build one do the job you guys are asking of it?

2: would it be possible to buy the drawings off you. Data is so much easier to send rather than to post a full body half way around the world.

Looks brilliant btw
The question for the printer is hard to answer: Every available printer for me is better than building things by hand. I am awfully unskilled in modelling. But I can finish printed parts pretty well. And thats the difference in the end: The quality of printed parts differ a lot. Depending on the technology, the machine, and finally the skills of someone working with a diy printer.
And for selling CAD files: Thats a bit of a problem. Lets see, shoot me a PM, then we will find out!
Finally I will uplad the model to shapeways anyway, and they have a plant in the States, so shipping the model would not be necessary ;-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu001 View Post
Hi! Micha,your cherokee looks pretty good,great work!The shape and details of the main body is final edition?And you make the reverse side of the body with what method in solidworks? ...By the way,my Delica was printed,i assemble all print parts to check if they are accurate.So exciting!
Thank you as well! But your model and print were great as well. Your attention to detail is fantastic, I absolutely love your interior!!

For now I think the Cherokee is done. Nearly. One of my major problems is not finding an end. Every time I look at it, I see some minor details that were off, a little. You can see it clearly on my development of the Mercedes. Never completed, maybe never will.
But I think the Cherokee will stay as it is for a while. Only changes will be, that it will be made as a single part, not with separate bumpers and lights as planned. Too little time for that at the moment. Maybe, and thats a big maybe, I will make a copy and do the changes to have a second version, the facelift variant, later version. Someone already wanted that version as well. Differences seem to be less enough so that I am actually thinking of that. So here is the latest (final??) version:

Michael
Old 03-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Where did I go?

looks awesome bud.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:08 AM

Member Number: 20399

Im in Australia not America, so there still would be shipping.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Wasting Time'r

So you Jeep guys, here is the prototype! I needed to print a test part to check some mods on my printer, et voila, here is the result.

The print quality is partly bad, but I did not alter the design at all, and printed it without support material, so not bad for that, but poor as well...

Even the pictures su**, but the black printed parts were a pain to capture. The rear end is still missing, but on the printer at the moment, so until tomorrow evening it shall be complete!

Michael
Old 04-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Where did I go?

Nice!! Now I need to start saving my pennies