Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > Scale 4x4 R/C Offical Competition Rules Committe
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Team Fluffy

Member Number: 1617
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Sorry it took so long. Aye to Stu's wording.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Varyag og Muspelheim

Member Number: 1018
B/S/T Feedback: (14)

I can't recall seeing a doorless, trayless tube truggy driving down the highway recently...

Maybe these should be classed with 1.9" tube buggies, as they are not within the "spirit" of the class?.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Don Jugglioni: Master of the domain!

Member Number: 3
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Sloppy should have access, both Keith and I have checked it.

I think the issue with tube beds is a legitimate one, but one that is hard to deal with. Either you allow them or you restrict them in some manor.

Perhaps we have seperate 1.9 classes: Road Going and Trail Only. Tube styled rigs could fall into the latter.
Proud member of MtTABRA (More than Three Axles Big Rig Association)
Old 01-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Varyag og Muspelheim

That sounds like a plan. Although, having said that, might tube rigs fall too close to rock crawlers?.

Which ever way, people will build scalers to what they want them to look like, primarily. There will be the ones that are drenched in scale accessories and won't be as stable as the less detailed, lexan bodied entries.

It's not as though we're proposing racing 1/8th buggies with monster trucks. Not one clear format will outclass the other, as normal, the driver who thinks with the well laid out rig will have the advantage.

Hmmm... If half cabs are allowed to run under scale, what then determines the wheelbase, as other criteria in the rules require that wheelbase of body or chassis as a fulcrum?.

Maybe a formula, where the measure from the front axle to a point, determined by us, on the body is mid wheelbase, and the overall wheelbase is governed that measure x2? (as a minimum?). Or we will have yota cabs with the rear tyre scrubbing the back of the cab, and 3" long tray/cage.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:20 PM
kame hame haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Member Number: 863
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastClodStanding View Post
Tube beds, I assume you are talking about truggy style warpigs. Those type of trucks have a clear and apparent advantage over those who build full bodied rigs. Due to their departure angle. I dont have any issues allowing them, but we have to make sure these trucks with tube beds stay within the proportions of a road legal truck. Wheelbase, width and etc. I mean no F350 with a rediculously short bed.
i dont think there is much advantage to 3lbs of steel tube on the back of your truck, and there is a very fine line between flatbed and truggy. that is why we let guys run the truggys... departure angle is a issue sure. but a jeep has a great departure angle and no one will DQ that body just because of good design.. according to the rules that we run now a tube bed is legal and we have no issue's with the trucks..

I think the wording is a little complex, I dont think the original wording for chassis design was bad. it was simple but pretty obvious what was meant.. any judge should be able to tell difference between a comp chassis(dresssed up or not) and a scale chassis..
my suggestions for changes:
1.9” Class – Modeled after typical street legal off-road vehicles Non-trailered vehicle's
·Chassis must be OEM stock(this does not mean a comp style chassis is legal) or custom ladder style that must extend over the axles. OEM suspension may be modified in any way.Construction material is not restricted. no competition style chassis are allowed regardless of add on (example TVP, stick style, forced articulation)
·Tires are restricted to OEM 1.9” size. If the tires are cut down 2.2’s the they must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim and not exceed 4.25” in height 1.75” in width. Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18 scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed. wheels must not exceed 1.9"
·Must run a complete body, bumpers, fenders, doors & tailgates must be intact. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained. A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).
·No 4 wheel steer.
·No axle “dig”
:No cutting brake's
·Wheelbase and width is limited only by your body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells.
·Vehicles must be “run what ya brung.”
·Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.
:no "MOA" based rigs are allowed(intergrated chassis designs are legal EX. TA02, twin dagger, ETC)

NOSTR has been using these rule only.. since jugg put them up.. they work there simple and I dont see a need for major changes.. there a few things that need worked in because of new products and new idea's but I would not over complicate it...

http://nostr.net/forums/

Last edited by sloppy : 01-14-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:54 AM

I like Sloppy's additions to the scale rules. Does anyone have objections to taking those and running with them?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugg2Driver View Post
I like Sloppy's additions to the scale rules. Does anyone have objections to taking those and running with them?
I was told I can not spell of write the English language very well so some proof reading is needed

on a side note my PM box is broke its still there but I am only allowed 0 PM's. I would send someone a PM but I cant..

Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 AM
RC Truck Stop

Member Number: 1833
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Just a suggestion ...

1.9” Class
This class is modeled after typical street-legal off-road vehicles, non-trailered vehicles.

> Chassis. The chassis or framemust be a ladder style and axtend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs, "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation). Tub style chassis are allowed.

> Suspension. The suspension may be modified in any way.

> Wheels & Tires. Wheels are restricted to OEM 1.9” size. If the tires are cut down 2.2’s the they must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim and not exceed 4.25” in height 1.75” in width. Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18 scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed. wheels must not exceed 1.9"

> Body. You must run a complete body, bumpers, fenders, doors and tailgates must be intact. Moderate fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).

> Steering. 4-wheel steering is illegal.

> Drivetrain. Front or rear dig is illegal. Cutting brakes are illegal. Motor On Axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chaais with dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs).

> Wheelbase and width. The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells.

> Comp-day modifications. The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

> Battery. The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:31 PM

worded better then I had it..

I would like to add something to the 4ws thing illegal yes in a 2 axle rig but on a multi axle rig 3 axle's of more if it is both the front axle's steering it should be OK... I think this may be a very rare issue so it may not even be worth putting it in the rules. but I thought I would put it out there to discuss.

I would also like to say I would like to do as few changes as possible to the rules now posted. more of what I would like to see is amendment not complete rewright.. what mattH just posted looks good to me.

EDIT: nick just made a good point to me.. the line about suspension can be left out.. if there is no limits to modification there is no need for a rule stating that..

Old 01-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Team Fluffy

I agree with sloppy, should have a provision for multi axle rigs in the 4WS part.

Doesn't matter to me as far as having the suspension part listed or not.

One question I have as far as wheel size goes, what about CAC 2.0's? should those be legal?

I don't have a problem with tube beds so long as ( previously stated ) the shocks mount to the rear section. as for the wheelbase I think you could actually be at a disadvantage if you get too short, but I agree with BMT it may be a good idea to come up with a standard measurement from the back of the cab.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:17 PM
VARCOR rocker!

Member Number: 1250

I still can't understand the full doors and tailgate rule. Granted, you don't see a pickup running the roads with no doors very often, but I see hundreds of them with no tailgate....and I run my Jeep with no doors all the time!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Team Fluffy

how about it you can run with no doors but, It must have a full interior, 2 front seats, a dash, a steering wheel. In SD you can run no doors as long as you have seat belts, tube beds are street legal too.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:08 PM

How about these?

1.9” Road Going Class
This class is modeled after typical street-legal off-road vehicles, non-trailered vehicles.

> Chassis: The chassis or frame must be a ladder style and extend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs, "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation). Tub style chassis are allowed.

> Suspension: The suspension may be modified in any way.

> Wheels & Tires: Wheels are restricted to OEM 1.9” size. If the tires are cut down 2.2’s the they must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim and not exceed 4.25” in height 1.75” in width. Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18 scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed. wheels must not exceed 1.9"

> Body: You must run a complete body, bumpers, fenders, doors* and tailgates* must be intact. Moderate fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. If no doors or tailgates are run then the vehicle must have an interior (dash, floorpan, seats, etc) and the bed must be built out (drop bed). A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. No Tubed style beds are allowed.

> Steering: 4-wheel steering is illegal.

> Drive train: Front or rear dig is illegal. Cutting brakes are illegal. Motor On Axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs).

> Wheelbase and width: The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells.

> Comp-day modifications: The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

> Battery: The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.

These rules are set up to judge a scale truck as the "sum of its parts". The goal is to have trucks that resemble something you might actually see driving down a highway on the way to the trail. Understand the "spirit" of the rules and work within them.

How does that work?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Varyag og Muspelheim

That's cool by me.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:09 PM
RC Truck Stop

Member Number: 1833

Cleaned it up a little bit. I think is getting close (IMO). Now, if you were going to cheat or try to find an unfair advantage, what would it be? Just trying to find the loop holes ...

1.9” Road Going Class
This class is modeled after typical street-legal off-road vehicles, non-trailered vehicles. These rules are set up to judge a scale truck as the "sum of its parts." The goal is to have trucks that resemble something you might actually see driving down a highway on the way to the trail. Understand the "spirit" of the rules and work within them.

> Chassis: The chassis or frame must be a ladder style and extend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs (TVP), "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation. Tub style chassis are allowed.

> Suspension: The suspension may be modified in any way.

> Wheels & Tires: Wheels are restricted to OEM 1.9” size. If the tires are cut down 2.2’s, they must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim and not exceed 4.25” in height and 1.75” in width. Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18-scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed. Wheels must not exceed 1.9"

> Body: You must run a complete body, bumpers, fenders, doors and tailgates must be intact. Moderate fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. If no doors are run, the vehicle must have an interior (dash, floorpan, seats, etc). If no tailgate is used, the bed must be built out (drop bed). A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. No tubed style beds are allowed.

> Steering: 4-wheel steering is illegal.

> Drivetrain: Front or rear dig is illegal. Cutting brakes are illegal. Motor On Axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs).

> Wheelbase and width: The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells.

> Comp-day modifications: The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

> Battery: The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.