Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > Scale 4x4 R/C Offical Competition Rules Committe
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Old 01-18-2009, 02:15 AM
Admin - Founder of Minions for LCS (are you with me or against me?)

Member Number: 19
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Yeah, just the rules stated no wheels larger than 1.9's and depending on who competing they could argue that.

"Yeah, I would give myself plenty of work...but me paying myself isnt a good thing. I would hate to give me a line of credit on any work I or me may be doing for myself ..... wait I'm confusing myself."

1st Place in 2010 Scale Summer Comp in 1.9 WW and CCO1 classes.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:20 AM
kame hame haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Member Number: 863
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

just drop the wheel may not exceed line and go back to basing thing off tire size problem solved.

> Tires: Tires are restricted to a OEM 1.9” size. If the tires are modified 2.2’s, they must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim and not exceed 4.25” in height and 1.75” in width. any wheel and tire combo under 1.9" in size is legal (flywheels, nylint, mini cooper wheels)

http://nostr.net/forums/
Old 01-18-2009, 06:22 AM
RC Truck Stop

Member Number: 1833
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

IMO, there are now enough 1.9 offerings that cut-down 2.2 don't need to be allowed.

We could just allow all 1.9 to 2.0 rims. That way the popular HPI stockers are legal.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Varyag og Muspelheim

Member Number: 1018
B/S/T Feedback: (14)

I'm of two minds on the cut down tyres.

One, it can be a very expensive practice to encourage, giving a defined advantage to those with the skill to do it, and a frustrating and wasteful task for those with out to keep up (for example, cut down Cougars would be untouchable on rock events)

But, it's competition, and who can build (and drive) the better rig deserves to be rewarded, not penalised.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:33 AM
RC Truck Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmuthatrucker View Post
I'm of two minds on the cut down tyres.

One, it can be a very expensive practice to encourage, giving a defined advantage to those with the skill to do it, and a frustrating and wasteful task for those with out to keep up (for example, cut down Cougars would be untouchable on rock events)

But, it's competition, and who can build (and drive) the better rig deserves to be rewarded, not penalised.
Good points, but I believe keeping one eye on keeping costs low and competition generally accessible will ensure new people can get involved. I'd hate to see scale, and crawling in general, rapidly grow only to die out like oval and touring cars. Like crawling, these segments were once all the rage and are now only enjoyed by small numbers.

My long winded reply is really just say I'd lean more towards your first point.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:57 AM
VARCOR rocker!

Member Number: 1250

And there is no wording for tail lights on tube beds. I wish I had some 2.0 rims....the Flat Irons don't fit on 1.9s worth a crap!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post
Good points, but I believe keeping one eye on keeping costs low and competition generally accessible will ensure new people can get involved. I'd hate to see scale, and crawling in general, rapidly grow only to die out like oval and touring cars. Like crawling, these segments were once all the rage and are now only enjoyed by small numbers.

My long winded reply is really just say I'd lean more towards your first point.
how does a $20 1.9 tire keep the cost down? I am running modified 2.2 tires that cost $11.99... fact is most 2.2's only cost a buck or 2 more.. and this hole hobby is about modifying things or if you cant, finding someone who can... IMO rules that enforce the hole cost cutting ideals just kill growth.. heck a nice scaler is not a cheap truck anyway you look at it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffister View Post
And there is no wording for tail lights on tube beds. I wish I had some 2.0 rims....the Flat Irons don't fit on 1.9s worth a crap!
sorry forgot about the tail light thing I will edit it into my post.. someone needs to prove read it anyway I cant spell

Old 01-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Varyag og Muspelheim

Member Number: 1018
B/S/T Feedback: (14)

My concern is not the cost of the $20 tyre, but how many of them guys ruin trying to reduce them to keep up those who can.

Where as a $19 1.9" will go right on.

That was all.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Admin - Founder of Minions for LCS (are you with me or against me?)

Member Number: 19
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Cut & shut tires are fine as long as they fall within the guidelines setup already. I believe in the orginal wording there is a maximum diameter listed for cut and sut 2.2's

"Yeah, I would give myself plenty of work...but me paying myself isnt a good thing. I would hate to give me a line of credit on any work I or me may be doing for myself ..... wait I'm confusing myself."

1st Place in 2010 Scale Summer Comp in 1.9 WW and CCO1 classes.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmuthatrucker View Post
My concern is not the cost of the $20 tyre, but how many of them guys ruin trying to reduce them to keep up those who can.

Where as a $19 1.9" will go right on.

That was all.
your right that first cut or mistake can be tuff, but there are vendors that will do it for the people that can not do it for themselves... and you are right a 1.9 will go right on and next month axial will have a kit scaler on the market, but where is the fun in that???

Old 01-18-2009, 06:27 PM
VARCOR rocker!

I think cut and shuts should be allowed as long as they follow the height restrictions. We could say that beyond that it is up to clubs to police themselves and judge if the tire in question keeps with the 'street' aspect of scale. For instance, a Masher cut down would not have a tread pattern anywhere near what is allowed on the road, nor would 1.9 sized Badlands. A cut down Geolander would be an example of a tire that I would understand people wanting to cut down.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:28 PM
VARCOR rocker!

Ohh, and sorry Sloppy....I wasn't trying to nag about the tail light issue!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffister View Post
I think cut and shuts should be allowed as long as they follow the height restrictions. We could say that beyond that it is up to clubs to police themselves and judge if the tire in question keeps with the 'street' aspect of scale.
I agree I think somewhere toward the end of the rules we should have a line that says final decisions on scale appearance will come down to judges at tech time.. that should cover any clubs that want to not allow certain things. I dont think we need to say that in the truck spec section that is more a how to run a comp section item..

and no worries on the tail light thing I am glad you said something I forgot all about it, and it needs to be in there..

Old 01-18-2009, 07:21 PM
RC Truck Stop

I hear what some of you guys are saying, I'm still not in favor of cut 2.2 tires in the 1.9 class. There are plenty of choices of 1.9's now, and I don't see cut and shut Panthers being very scale looking. I also don't think some simple restrictions will shut down the advancement (based on past experience, I believe slowing advancement is a good thing). There are pages of touring car rules and those cars advanced right into extinction. Also, just because something isn't allowed at comps doesn't mean people can do it for fun.

Bottom line is there's one vote against cut and shut tires.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:29 PM
VARCOR rocker!

Well Matt, I must say that is a convincing arguement....I'm going to have to think about my vote on this one.

A guy in my club was talking with me recently and we were both talking about the scale aspect of the 1.9 scale class and how cool it is. We were talking about not just the looks, but the total package...the way the suspension works, one tire off the ground because of limited articulation, small tires fighting for traction....if we allow too much, where does the 'scale' go? I'm not sure about the cut and shut, because some larger tires deserve to be cut down for their appearance, but I can see where Matt is going with this one, and I can't say that I totally disagree with it.