Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > Scale 4x4 R/C Offical Competition Rules Committe
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Don Jugglioni: Master of the domain!

Member Number: 3
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default Points System

Time for the next item to discuss. The points/scoring system.

Here is what it is now.
Quote:
Scale Class: All rigs in the Scale class will start off with 0 points and points will be deducted during the competitions. The object is complete the course without incurring points. Point deductions are listed below. There is no time limit and no maximum point limit. Speed is rewarded.

Reverse + 1 point
Rollover + 5 points

Gate + 5 points
Touch + 5 points

Reposition + 10 points
Rescue - 5 points

Time: - 5 points
DNF + 40 points + 5 points per gate not completed
Reverse: Using the throttle to reverse course. Non powered roll backs are allowed. During gated courses each driver is allowed 1 reverse per gate without penalty.

Rollover: Points are assessed when a vehicle rolls over and does not right itself or can not be righted without touching. Winching is allowed without incurring a penalty. Once righted the vehicle must be driven back into position. All gates are still live while on a gated course.

Gate: Failure to pass all 4 wheels through a gate or touching a gate with any part of the vehicle. Winching through a gate is allowed.

Touch: Any physical contact with the vehicle while on course. If a repair must be made then the vehicle maybe touched, however the vehicle must be placed back into the position it was in prior to repair. No touch penalty will be incurred when setting up a winch or tow straps as long as the vehicle is not repositioned or moved.

Reposition: Penalty is incurred when the vehicle must be physically moved. This includes picking up the vehicle or a rescue by another vehicle. If a reposition requires the driver to touch the vehicle then a touch penalty is also incurred.

Rescue: Using another vehicle to free a vehicle on course. The rescue vehicle will only be allowed during runs in which the buddy system is in place. The rescuer will receive the bonus points while the rescued will incur a reposition penalty.

Time: A 5:00 minute time limit can be applied per run, this is not required and will be at the discretion of those judging the courses.

DNF: If a vehicle is unable to complete the course regardless of reason a DNF will be assessed. If a DNF is assessed then they will be scored with +40 points add to their current point total plus 5 points for every gate not completed.

Buddy System: When the buddy system is in use 2 vehicles will run the course, the leading vehicle is the one being scored during that run. The “buddy” is the follower and will not be scored unless a rescue is requested. After the course has been completed the drivers will reverse order and the “buddy” now becomes the leader. Driving order will be decided by a coin flip. Buddy pairing will also be decided by chance. Method of determination will be decided on site based on number of participants.
Proud member of MtTABRA (More than Three Axles Big Rig Association)
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:22 PM

This is just for trail points. We'll work on the scale points after this.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Electric Monk on a bored horse

Member Number: 185
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

I think 10 points for a repo is enough penalty. Adding the touch makes it 15 points, too much IMO.

Maybe I need to learn to drive....
Old 01-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Admin - Founder of Minions for LCS (are you with me or against me?)

Member Number: 19

I wonder if this would be the best place to bring up winching restrictions. The scale class attendence is growing at each event and more and more people have winchs. Especially with the introduction of the 3racing one. Now for most people who run the winch isnt a issue too much. Now at a few events I have been too the winch can get rediculous. Do you think we should some how limit the amount of winching allowed say per gate or course. If we dont limit winching we have some people who will winch the entire course though to keep from recieving any points. Now like I said this isnt with everyone, but it is a problem I have seen at the last few events. Some guys have taken over 20 minutes. I believe we either limit the winching or implement a time restriction. Say maybe 8-10 minutes a course. What do you guys think?

"Yeah, I would give myself plenty of work...but me paying myself isnt a good thing. I would hate to give me a line of credit on any work I or me may be doing for myself ..... wait I'm confusing myself."

1st Place in 2010 Scale Summer Comp in 1.9 WW and CCO1 classes.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:35 PM
kame hame haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Member Number: 863
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

truthfully I dont see a need to change any of the penalty's they work pretty well.. a repo is tuff but we are very generous on a repo, so I would not want to see it scored more lenient..

as far as winching goes we were having issues with slow drivers and the long time spent playing with a winch all of that is gone now.. we just run the 5 minute time limit (8-10 gates is ruff in 5 minutes by the way), the only way to get some one off the course the way things are set up now is with the time limit, this works great for us.. you can winch all you want but when the time runs out your done... and if you have only made it threw one gate a DNF of 40 +5 for each gate is a killer, it works good try it..

the time limit thing has always been in the rules.. we were always kinda reluctant to use it but now that we are things run much better.. people that cant drive (like Stu )get the most drive time this way to, guys that hammer down or are just naturals are usually done well before time runs out..

my vote for this section is leave it as is... It works its simple and any issue's can be fixed by using the clock..

http://nostr.net/forums/
Old 01-30-2009, 12:18 AM

I say we give 5 minutes to complete a course. That negates the "winching through every gate" guys.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:14 AM
RC Truck Stop

Member Number: 1833
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugg2Driver View Post
I say we give 5 minutes to complete a course. That negates the "winching through every gate" guys.
Our club sets a time limit based on the number of gates. We do one minute per gate, not counting the start gate.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Admin - Founder of Minions for LCS (are you with me or against me?)

Member Number: 19

Yes 5 minutes with 2.2's shouldnt be a big problem, but 1.9's some times its just hard to get the traction needed or the clearance required to make a 5 min course. Especially if you have a larger number of gates. Why not give some flexability to the system here. Say the shortest time allowed will be 5 minutes and depending apon the number of gates max out @ 10. Something along those lines?

"Yeah, I would give myself plenty of work...but me paying myself isnt a good thing. I would hate to give me a line of credit on any work I or me may be doing for myself ..... wait I'm confusing myself."

1st Place in 2010 Scale Summer Comp in 1.9 WW and CCO1 classes.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:30 AM

Time: A time limit can be applied per run, this is not required and will be at the discretion of those judging the courses.

here is this better now you can make it any time you like.. I know we will stick with 5 minutes but you guys are right some course's may take longer so just remove the time and leave it up to the course designer..

Old 01-31-2009, 04:27 PM
RC Truck Stop

I am I the only one who thinks there should be a penalty for winching? I also happen to think there should be no penalty for using reverse in scale competition. I believe all touches (except winch or strap hook up) should be treated as a reposition. 10 points should be "awarded" and the vehicle will have to be placed at the previously cleared gate. Rescues and winches should be 5 pts each. I believe this will make for more realistic competition (no hands of God coming to touch or reposition) and guys who don't need the help of a winch get rewarded.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Electric Monk on a bored horse

Member Number: 185
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

IMO the time limit takes care of that, unless you've got one hell of a speedy winch.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post
I am I the only one who thinks there should be a penalty for winching? I also happen to think there should be no penalty for using reverse in scale competition. I believe all touches (except winch or strap hook up) should be treated as a reposition. 10 points should be "awarded" and the vehicle will have to be placed at the previously cleared gate. Rescues and winches should be 5 pts each. I believe this will make for more realistic competition (no hands of God coming to touch or reposition) and guys who don't need the help of a winch get rewarded.
I like the 1 minute per gate idea.

We didn't penalize winching because there were so few. We also allowed one reverse per gate with no penalty.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
RC Truck Stop

It just seems odd to me that if two competitors run a course:
One uses one reverse per gate and has his winch cable either coiled on his hood or hooked up to a tree for the whole run.
The other guys uses reverse twice on one gate and never touches his winch. Second guy loses.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:22 PM

I would rather not see any specific time limit specified, just leave that up to the course designer.

winching and scale just go hand in hand.. and running a time limit keeps it in check..

we dont use the one free reverse thing here we count them all, most 1:1 comps penalize you for reversing to why would this be any different??

Old 01-31-2009, 09:36 PM

I think for the time limit we state in the rules that no time limit is specified, it is left up to the course designer, but a general rule of thumb is 1 minute per gate.