Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > General R/C Banter > Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings Official Competitions and get togethers

Old 03-24-2010, 12:02 AM
midlifer

Member Number: 4424
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerbuddy2 View Post
..........just take me some time.
Time is what you have, like 6 months lol.

Even though the event is months away, I'm getting excited. We'll have some surprises for you guys that will make things more interesting than last year.

Hey, will your super dandy CR-V be travelling with you again this year? If you put something beside street tires on that thing you just might take XC class this year!

"I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Home of the XC Retirement Community

Member Number: 881
B/S/T Feedback: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieScaler View Post
Time is what you have, like 6 months lol.

Even though the event is months away, I'm getting excited. We'll have some surprises for you guys that will make things more interesting than last year.

Hey, will your super dandy CR-V be travelling with you again this year? If you put something beside street tires on that thing you just might take XC class this year!
LOL.. I might bring it just for giggles and for looks. Have another xc in mind for the xc class. I think it wouldnt have done so bad if it wouldnt have glitched and cut out every 3 feet. Who knows, i may throw a better radio and fresh battery in it and give it a go this year... You just never know... But it should be comming with me just for show if nothing else.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:22 AM
midlifer

I hear ya. I'm kicking around the idea of running XC myself this year. In fact I picked up a full set of bearings for a CC01 today at the LHS. I've got an old wore out CC01, but it's all hacked and really nothing more than a parts jalopy.

So, I think I'm gonna build a CC01 fresh from kit. Looking forward to the kit assembly because that first one I have was bought as an XB (RTR), so I've never built an XC from scratch. I have no idea on what body I may run yet though.....

Old 03-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Dirty South

Member Number: 2330
B/S/T Feedback: (9)

Well guys you killed my Blazer from running .The tires are more the half way out of the fenders . As there is no way it will run with the Hardcore rigs . You killed my Bruiser from running bobbed bed and on 3cell . No way it will run with the hardcore rigs . You also killed my Rednecked build because on the cell limit. That leaves me with my Honcho , I build it for trail rides not comps . No way I have to funds to build another rig at this time . Looks like my rigs don't fit any where but hardcore . Three out of 4 are not hardcore scale /comp rigs . So with only 1 rig that really has a class and my dad not having a rig to run I guess we are out this year . Maybe we will have the funds to build new rigs next year .
Old 03-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 3488
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

Super excited about this. We had a great turn out last year but like DixieScaler said we hope that this event will be even bigger and better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badd View Post
Well guys you killed my Blazer from running .The tires are more the half way out of the fenders . As there is no way it will run with the Hardcore rigs . You killed my Bruiser from running bobbed bed and on 3cell . No way it will run with the hardcore rigs . You also killed my Rednecked build because on the cell limit. That leaves me with my Honcho , I build it for trail rides not comps . No way I have to funds to build another rig at this time . Looks like my rigs don't fit any where but hardcore . Three out of 4 are not hardcore scale /comp rigs . So with only 1 rig that really has a class and my dad not having a rig to run I guess we are out this year . Maybe we will have the funds to build new rigs next year .
Andy, I thought you would just show up for the "show" portion of the event.

Seriously, you have 6 months to prepare. I hope you can make some tweaks to your rigs and make it out this year or you could run in the hardcore class just for grins. Couldn't you just put a 2 cell in the Rednecked build and run it? It's all about having fun anyway.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Dirty South

Member Number: 2330
B/S/T Feedback: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon81 View Post
Andy, I thought you would just show up for the "show" portion of the event.

Seriously, you have 6 months to prepare. I hope you can make some tweaks to your rigs and make it out this year or you could run in the hardcore class just for grins. Couldn't you just put a 2 cell in the Rednecked build and run it? It's all about having fun anyway.
Well I had something up my sleeve for the show but you got to run in the comp . You can't just show your rig . As for putting a 2cell in my Rednaked truck that would work . But I would need to buy 2 cell batteries . I can run 2 cell batteries in it with a 27turn motor and be faster than it is now . On 3 cell and a 45t , so I don't get the cell thing . The motor turns and gearing have as much to do with wheel speed as cell count .
Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Wasting Time'r

I am no expert on voltage vs. gearing (heck I still run sub C packs!) but I was under the impression based on rigs I have seen that once you get into these higher voltages (even with lower gearing) you just get unbelievable torque and the ability to basically just jump over obstacles and it is not very scale.

I would like to hear some other peoples input on this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badd View Post
Well I had something up my sleeve for the show but you got to run in the comp . You can't just show your rig . As for putting a 2cell in my Rednaked truck that would work . But I would need to buy 2 cell batteries . I can run 2 cell batteries in it with a 27turn motor and be faster than it is now . On 3 cell and a 45t , so I don't get the cell thing . The motor turns and gearing have as much to do with wheel speed as cell count .
Old 03-24-2010, 11:35 AM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon81 View Post
I am no expert on voltage vs. gearing (heck I still run sub C packs!) but I was under the impression based on rigs I have seen that once you get into these higher voltages (even with lower gearing) you just get unbelievable torque and the ability to basically just jump over obstacles and it is not very scale.

I would like to hear some other peoples input on this issue.
Same here. Really the reason we came up with a voltage limit at all in Weekend Warrior was to try and minimize the type of unrealistic rough driving that we've seen out of 3s lipo rigs in a category that we intend to be more scale (than Hardcore class). Bruising and bouncing your way over rough obstacles with sheer power and wheelspeed isn't very scale.

The courses we plan to set up for Weekend Warrior class are intended to be negotiated with technique, and look more like a 1:1 rig doing it. And limiting the voltage we thought was the simplest way to accomplish this.

With that being said though, and after talking with Badd, I realize that not all 3s lipo vehicles are set up (gearing and vehicles that the owner would not roughhouse) to be a rock racer type rig.

I too would like to hear some more input and opinions from folks on this matter.

But I'd like to say I hope no one gets discouraged with the new rules. We are still 6 months away from the event and we have time to listen to everyone's concerns and opinions and make adjustments if necessary.

-Heath

Old 03-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Electric Monk on a bored horse

Member Number: 185
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Gear reduction allowed in the XC class?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 AM
I wish electronics and water could get along

Member Number: 3566

Sweet! I am glad the plans are coming together for this year. Put me down for the Weekend Warrior class and the 1/24 exhibition. If I ever finish my FJ we can look at it. It might qualify for the Hardcore class.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:54 AM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Busted Hotness View Post
Gear reduction allowed in the XC class?
Yes! I'll update the CC01/XC notes with that so people will know. Lappdogg had an HPI GRU on his CC01 Wrangler last year and that thing was really granny-geared, but it was super smooth easing around.

Last year's CC01/XC-exclusive course did not have any long steep grades in it that would have required the wheelspeed of a CC01's stock gearing. There was one pretty steep bare rock incline, but you could creep up it carefully.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 2725
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Yes, it is.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 2725
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieScaler View Post
Lappdogg had an HPI GRU on his CC01 Wrangler last year and that thing was really granny-geared, but it was super smooth easing around.
Granny geared ain't the word. I saw a snail pass it up on the trail.

I'm in for 1.9 Hardcore
Old 03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
midlifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith3 View Post
Sweet! I am glad the plans are coming together for this year. Put me down for the Weekend Warrior class and the 1/24 exhibition. If I ever finish my FJ we can look at it. It might qualify for the Hardcore class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Granny geared ain't the word. I saw a snail pass it up on the trail.

I'm in for 1.9 Hardcore

Got you guys down on the prelim list. Keith, there's not gonna be a column for 1/24 on the driver's list because it's not a competition class this year, but I'm glad u gonna bring your 4Runner.

LOL @ snail speed > lappdogg's CC01 speed
sorry lapp but that was funny

Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Wasting Time'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith3 View Post

I can't believe the defending CC-01 champion won't even be entering this year! Guess it's good to get out while your on top!