Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 2.2's
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 2.2's Discuss your scale trucks that use 2.2" sized tires. TLT based and similar.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:06 PM

Member Number: 5921
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambodian tire View Post
.... Fourth pic is the wiring for the lights.... hope you like!...
Oh man don't remind me of that bodyshell... after a few hours of work to remove the early 1980' wiring loom, it came down to this

Anyway it was pretty banged up and it was restoring project way over my skills, so i bought a new bodyshell and it turned into this
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 378

Hello octanas welcome to the boards! , Hope you weren't offended that I appropriated your picture from an other website!. I didn't know who to give credit for it. Your Bruiser looks great, I too abandoned my old shell for a new one...Sometimes it's the only thing that makes sense! If you care, I would gladly go back and delete the under body shot of the wires, some people are territorial of their photos and I would totally understand!

Were you until you were like..."Hey that's my my truck, what the?" . Take care ...Mark

EDIT: the automatic censors aren't liking the last four letters in your name?!

Last edited by cambodian tire : 10-22-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambodian tire View Post
Hello oct**** welcome to the boards! , Hope you weren't offended that I appropriated your picture from an other website!. I didn't know who to give credit for it. Your Bruiser looks great, I too abandoned my old shell for a new one...Sometimes it's the only thing that makes sense! If you care, I would gladly go back and delete the under body shot of the wires, some people are territorial of their photos and I would totally understand!

Were you until you were like..."Hey that's my my truck, what the?" . Take care ...Mark

EDIT: the automatic censors aren't liking the last four letters in your name?!
I have no problem with that, you can leave the pict as it is.

Like others in this thread, I was also "scared" when I looked to the underside of the bodyshell but, I can't complain since the original Bruiser costed me less than 300 Dollars... for that price you can't be to "picky"

The wiring loom has been glued to the bodyshell and it used small light bulbs instead of leds... I think in the early 1980's, leds were a thing of the future.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Old Time'r

Wow less than 300 dollars! You really got a great deal. What was the rest of the frame like?
Old 10-22-2009, 03:54 PM

The chassis (amazingly) wasn't bended in any way but it had some rust.

This is what I got

this is what it turned into
Old 10-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Old Time'r

Aahhh that explains the articulation!! ...Mark
Old 10-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Well... I must say I don't like "shelf queens" (don't have nothing againts people who likes and builds them, it's just a matter of taste). When I build a car he is going to have some use (and abuse)... so I look for more performance rather than looks. If I can get "both worlds", better yet.

The stock Bruiser has very little performance (articulation) for my likings, that's why I ended up with leafs in front and 4 link in the rear. I still need to mod the leafs to get a bite more articulation in the front.

My original plan was to fully rebuild the Bruiser, but some parts were in a very bad condition... so I decided to sell them and put some "fresh" and newer parts in it.

I must say that I admire your work and dedication in rebuilding your car, as I do for others here at this forum. Some people build real masterpieces.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Old Time'r

Thanks octanas! There are allot of multi talented people here that's for sure! "Scale4x4rc is to scale crawling what AAA is to baseball....The Big League baby!" ....Can you tell I'm addicted to this site?!?... Once you find this site there is no end to the digging and reading you can do to find one crazy build after another!

Here's the articulation shots;
I've run about six batteries through my truck and my leafs are still very stiff, I imagine they will break in a little bit for the better. Pushing down on the truck I could get about another half inch but it does 4 inches pretty easy. Still rides at the same height-it's mostly droop..about 60% droop & 40% compression.
Take care ...Mark
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Theres a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Member Number: 3275

Just noticed your location, where 'bouts on the Island are you? I would love to see this build in person, maybe swap ideas. I will have to dust off my bruiser and have a do over on it, liking some of the changes you have made.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Old Time'r

Hey Mrfish55 sorry for not posting sooner I was in Nanaimo (only an hour south) today but I'm back in P.A. now. I would definitely take the opportunity to meet a scale builder in the flesh that would make two that I've seen with my own two eyes!...myself and yourself?!.... The local hobby shop carries crawlers but just recently brought in the scx10 and I don't even know if they've sold one yet? more 2.2 comp stuff. There were a few super class crawlers when Mike and Roger still lived here....(RC guy Gecko II) but have moved to Victoria (2 half hours south) I wonder if they found a couple of large scale crawlers down there or if that class has just waned everywhere? Where "abouts" are you??? ...Mark
Old 10-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Theres a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Member Number: 3275

I am on the mainland but make it to the Island 5-6 times a year, next time I am heading thru I will drop you a line, would be nice to get out to Long Beach again.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Old Time'r

Sounds good come anytime of course but in the summer when we get into the hot spell, you may well know, the valley's the hot spot of Canada frequently so prepare to melt!! Tonnes of rivers a couple big lakes side by side and innumerous others w. the world largest water bombers stationed here.... To put it in perspective for some, when these water bombers were flying missions in Cali. it was hard for them to find a lake suitably large enough to work from?... They're pretty cool!! ...Take care ...Mark
Old 10-25-2009, 03:44 AM
anything RC

Member Number: 2483

awsome job on the rims
keep it up
Old 10-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Old Time'r

Thanks renny, I have not received my tires yet nor have I a 2.5 tap so this is a pretty small update?? Here it goes anyway.... I used outcast's winch decals on the center hub. I just cut the word "Warn" out of the smallest "W" for the front of the winch. The wheels also have valve stems now. They are made from very small fishing nails - more like tacks (hmm...tacks would work) There is stripped wire sheathing through the hole I drilled in the rim which sticks out past the outside surface a bit. The nail is a tight fit through the wire casing and hole, lastly I used liquid electricians tape to make the cap and painted it flat black... I soo want to start on some styrene stuff so I can feel I'm making some headway Take care ...Mark
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Old Time'r

My tires arrived so here's a mock up of the wheels and tires
Attached Images