so with things being what they are right now, I find myself with a little extra time on my hands.. dug out the model and started working in it again.
then decided to see just where things are at, scale wise. So opened another program and modeled a basic wheel/tire to the correct scale, using measurements taken from the actual wheel/tire combo used on the wood version.. then imported that into Blender..
this pic illustrates the one fundamental flaw with Blender.. there is no true "scale" within the program.
i started the project with a bunch of jpg images brought into blender for the different sides (front, top, side, etc).. again, no real scale so no idea what actual size this thing was... i did tweak the pictures so they were all approximately the same size to each other, but that was all i could really do.
by creating the wheel/tire combo in a program that I can scale appropriately, it shows me where things are at.
I think she is just a little small at this point...