Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Info > Board info, Suggestions & Questions
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Board info, Suggestions & Questions Check here for updates on the board, or if you have any suggestions, from forum topics to questions, post them here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Administrator - Professor Spoon! I have Evil Powers, and I teach! Mwuhahaha

Member Number: 16
B/S/T Feedback: (2)
Default Help with smileys:

Errors:

I have noticed several people attempt to make posts that are very heavy on smileys or Emoticons as they are also known, we dont mind large numbers if it seems relevent (and its not every single post made).

I have also noticed several posts with broken smiley links where a smiley code is hit many times over so you see:

:bang head:

where a line break or similar has split the smiley's own code.

the easy way to get around this is to have a space between each smiley.
Code:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
which looks like

Case sensitive:

Smiley code text is case sensitive, so if you type them and start a new sentence with a smiley :Banana: does not work....

"what is the rule regarding number of smilies? how many is too many?"

generally the only single smiley that will be removed in large numbers is:

firstly because its annoying to look at, but it also slows down most browsers when featured in large numbers due to have quite alot of frames for such a small emoticon. Therefore any post featuring more than 6 'hyper' emotes will be reduced to 5 or less by moderators.

beyond that a smiley count greater than 20 usually raises suspicion, especially if there is nothing but smileys in the post.

Addition or removal of Emoticons:

we can always add new ones provided they can be found online or supplied to adminstrators of the board in .gif format. only Admins can change them.

We will remove Emoticons if they cause complaint, e.g. if someone complained that the hyper emote was harmful to those with photosensitive epilepsy it would certainly be removed.

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!

Closed Thread