Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Tips, Tricks, FAQs > Tire & Wheel Tips
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Old 03-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 14737
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default 2.2 beadlock monster truck wheels

These are the tires and wheels I put together for my sons "snow basher" truck. Being a bit of an 80s monster truck nut I was excited to find some new Imex 2.2 truck puller tires. Not wanting to glue them I set out to make some wider beadlocks. Everything else I had was just too narrow. Now this first version I built with pvc, and yes they broke apart. But I took most of the pictures with the first go round. I just used some axial 8 hole beadlocks, 4 pvc couplers, and some left over rc4wd semi truck wheel halves that I was never going to use. Everything was cut on a lathe.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 03-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Wasting Time'r

Since the pvc glue did not react at all to the abs wheels, they were as clean as when they were first cut after I finished twisting them all apart. So this time I used the same couplers but of course abs, and the abs cement. I was pretty happy with some earlier testing of the glue on the wheels, but I wanted to be sure they would hold up this time. Both sides of the coupler were drilled to match up with the beadlock holes already in the wheels. They are now screwed and glued.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Wasting Time'r

And here they are all mounted up for now. I don't have all the hardware to put wheelstuds in it yet and Id like to paint them, but for now they're working great. No failures yet! My favorite is the clod body, would like to build a semi scale stage one monster with it someday. But for now as my 3 year olds snow bomber truck, the old lexan shell stays.
Attached Images