Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 12-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Young Street Urchin

Member Number: 23755
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

That's amazing. I watched on full screen. It's so smooth and so real looking. Great job.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 12-23-2015, 09:33 AM
I love my wife!!!!

Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Great videos Joe and it looks to me that the difference in power didn't effect your ability to be crazy smooth with the controls. Not sure if you had posted one or not? have you ever posted a video of you digging out the ceiling? I think that would make for a cool video.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:34 AM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Thank you again Rolex

It wasn't a gain in power with the pump swap Rick, but rather a 30% gain in flow... and the added flow created a boost in pressure exceeding the 40Bar limit of the guage, I had to turn the prv down nearly a full turn to get it back to 34Bar.

And here's a vid digging out the ceiling for you Rick, it's nothing fancy, just picking away it with the ripper.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:51 AM
JOE

Following Andy's lead, here V3 of the tunnel grinder... motors arrived in the mail on the 23rd.

I tried it out this morning with the wire bristle heads, it worked ok, but rather slow. It took quite a bit of force to stall the worm drive gearhead motor, so at 160rpm it does have good power.

These #40 sprockets are 90mm diameter, I'll fab them up similar to how Andy did & give that a go... if the 160rpm g/h motor don't have the ponies, then I have another g/h motor just like it, but @55rpm to swap in.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:36 PM
JOE

The grinder shown above, not working that well either, try smaller sprockets & have 2-3 maybe 4 sprockets to a side for multiple rows of cutting teeth... I think the dense clay dirt I'm working, probably not gonna find any suitable grinding tool. Rip & dig seems to be the quickest & easiest!

Poked through into the basement last week on the 8th

Quick vid showing the exit into basement & continuing to cut a straight wall, dirt is quite a bit dryer, harder to dig, but the 850 is getting 'er done!

Old 01-31-2016, 10:56 AM
JOE

Old 01-31-2016, 11:59 AM
I love my wife!!!!

Your videos are great I cant believe how smooth you operate that machine.
Thanks for posting videos.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:08 PM
I love my wife!!!!

I would think what you are doing with these scaled down remotely operated machines is in many ways harder than using the real deal. Your disadvantage is that you are not in the machine feeling that you are taking to much of a bite and you cant feel the excavator lifting when you are crowning the bucket while prying something from the ground. Like I said its crazy how good you are at the controls!
Old 02-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Diesel Fanboy

Member Number: 21099

love this thread and the videos! any chance we could see that pan in action?
Old 02-03-2016, 01:06 PM

Member Number: 24133

Hey Joe, have you ever looked into a bucket like this? Fumotech has a bucket kinda like it and I think you would benefit from it on digging the walls and the ceiling.

http://www.fumotec-shop.de/anbaugera...ultiripper.php

http://www.digrock.com/dignrip.htm
Old 02-09-2016, 09:23 PM
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJEEPBUILDER View Post
I would think what you are doing with these scaled down remotely operated machines is in many ways harder than using the real deal. Your disadvantage is that you are not in the machine feeling that you are taking to much of a bite and you cant feel the excavator lifting when you are crowning the bucket while prying something from the ground. Like I said its crazy how good you are at the controls!
Upon much thought after having read comment last week Rick, I would disagree. 1) collective bounce is not a factor for me & 2) I have a 3D view around the whole machine rather than what's just right in front me.

I have some experience at running a couple of different 20mt track hoes 5yrs ago & I think it's 25yrs now since I operated a Terex dozer (can't remember the model #, but I think it split the difference between a D7 & D8).

In the track hoes, collective bounce got the better of me several times & I had to let go of the controls till it stop moving!, then start again.

And the dozer, it belong to my neighbor, he was dicking around in January digging holes & pushing in rock piles, so frozen ground was an issue & some special techniques were necessary b/c the dozer didn't have a ripper. My neighbor showed me what to do & it was simple enough to see as I stood outside & watched him do it. But in the cab, there's this huge freaking blade in front of me, I can't SEE dayum thing!!!

I know where you're coming from when you talk about "feel", and frankly I have never had that touch, but then again I have only a couple days in each piece which adds up to virtually no experience...

...on the other hand, if I RC'd those life size machines, I'm confident I'd keep up or surpass any 20yr vet.

Anyways...

DieselRC, I haven't got a use for the pan at the moment, but I'm sure I'll make some movies with it again soon.

Countryboy1217, the ground I'm in, dense brown clay, kinda wet & very sticky; I think a bucket like that wouldn't be much of an advantage over what I am doing now with ripping & digging. Pretty much after every 5amp battery I need to take a knife & carve the wet clay off both the ripper & bucket, the dirt builds up that bad. And it really raises hell with the tracks too, I have to take them off to soak the clay away in the kitchen sink, usually when I skip a track.

Here's a vid where I'm at now, didn't get a lot accomplished since the last vid; distracted with other things on the farm, such beautiful weather here this winter, very mild warm temps, hard to stay inside & tinker with hobbies. This video is at double speed, I kinda like watching it at a faster rate, what do you guys prefer?

Old 02-10-2016, 06:42 AM
I love my wife!!!!

I cant decide if I like the 2x speed better both are cool,but I do
have an idea for your next video! You with your Deere verses the full size counterpart. Each machine has to load the same amount of dirt in relation to there respective scale. My money will be on you Joe!!
Old 02-10-2016, 03:25 PM
JOE

Don't hold your breath for that vid, I aint never seen a JD850 around these parts, much less a B50 ADT.

Here's a vid of my JD450 I shot this morning before the brushless motor on pump blew up again, didn't even get an hour out of this one.

I changed to a smaller Jung pump last December, about 30% lower flow & now the hydraulic movement is more to my liking for fluent control. I'm using a Banebot esc for the brushed swing motor, it doesn't feather down with tx stick movement the same as a Sabertooth does, I can't seem to help but over swing most of the time. I have no use for the 2nd motor controller on the dual esc, but it's the best esc I have ever used for its precise sensitivity for motor control, both the 2x12 & 2x25.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:55 PM
JOE

Made some progress on the tunnel dig the last month, getting to within 24 inches to reach the floor on the south exit.

Without natural light, the flash of the camera sorta disguises the two bench cuts stopping back in the tunnel.

This probably shows it better.

Quite a bit of dirt hauled back into the basement from the south exit... lots of rc activity with screening & crushing to do at a later date.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:10 PM
JOE

A 30 sec vid showing the view from the other end... I have a lengthier vid showing digging from the middle of tunnel, but having trouble uploading to utube for some reason ...maybe tomorrow.