Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Monster truck enthusiast

Member Number: 15569
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrosrockthisworld View Post
screw the rc give us a demo of the zook!
Demo of what zook you would like? The one in the video is my brothers samurai, and I have a red soft top one in the garage with coil springs and 33's, and my latest zook is a blue '00 Jimny I'm about to start converting into a monster with 33-35's and yota axles...

Quote:
man that must be tempting to just give it some... i always strugle with the break in just to tempting to give it 100%
Yeah, I know what you're saying! Must...turn...it...leaner!
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Builder of low end high budget vehicles...

Member Number: 4701
B/S/T Feedback: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4x4 View Post
Wow, very demanding crowd! First I need to get the rig up and running, and when I get there, they are already expecting me to jump it? LOL
Yes indeedy....wouldn't be a true GD without some air under the tires.

Coming along fantastic man!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Monster truck enthusiast

Today I cleaned the old paint off from the body because the paint I used turned out to be kinda crappy, and it was flaking off. So I airbrushed it with Parma faskolor black! Now I can make something up to get the body mounted on the chassis...

And because it's summer and hot and all, I decided to cut the side windows open, which gave a lot more realistic look to whole truck!

I should also start fabbing some parts for the rear steering...
Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Monster truck enthusiast

Today I was cleaning up the garage, and because the mailman brought me new goodies, I also had do work on the Digger some too!

This is an on-board glow system/battery level indicator if you are wondering! With a push of a button it gives 10 seconds of glow time, and also confirms that the plug is actually glowing, so it's easy to see when the plug has gone bad. Also now I can fire up the engine with the body on, so that's awesome too!

Had to fab a floor to the cockpit to get some flat surface to mount that little red box on to. Also made a little aluminum plate that holds the receiver. If you look closely you'll see what I mean. Axial racing seat is also mocked up, but I don't know if I'm gonna use it or make a little bit more scale looking real bucket seat...

Here's how it sits in there, so the glow button can be reached through the window.

On top of that, I also got some sexy red interior lighting! Only it was hard to capture the effect with a crappy phonecam, but you'll get the idea!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Monster truck enthusiast

Today my goal was to make this snakes nest a little bit nicer looking...

and this is how it turned out after I made a piece of lexan to hide all the wires. Much cleaner now!

Also fabbed some clear lexan pieces on the sides too, just like they are on the 1:1 monster trucks. I might paint that upper part black to hide the receiver and wires and crap...

This is how it looks like if you go down and peek under the fender. Very realistic looking, me likes!

I also tested my new glow system, and it's working like a charm! Too bad I still have some problems to get the engine run properly...

Let's see what I start fabbing next, so stay tuned for more!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:59 PM

Member Number: 18333

what happened I read the whole start to finish and it just ends.this truck is great did u get rear wheel to whork I what a digger nitro with rear wheel.I cannot beleive the firt factory was from traxxas @wd and electric.I know thkids love em but give them the 1:16 we damand a 1:8 nitro with straight axle like the mad forc I have one lots of fun and it pulls wheelies I put a better steering servo works great start this grave digger
Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Monster truck enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster724x4x4 View Post
what happened I read the whole start to finish and it just ends.this truck is great did u get rear wheel to whork I what a digger nitro with rear wheel.I cannot beleive the firt factory was from traxxas @wd and electric.I know thkids love em but give them the 1:16 we damand a 1:8 nitro with straight axle like the mad forc I have one lots of fun and it pulls wheelies I put a better steering servo works great start this grave digger
I think we have some translation problems here.

But no, this project ain't dead, and it won't be. I just have so many other projects going on, so this one might progress a little bit slowly at times, but I will post updates when ever I manage to do something...

I have only started designing new steering knuckles/arms that allow me to get those tierods to the other side of the axles, but that's about it so far...

Waiting for some inspiration!

I've been busy with this one lately...
Old 08-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Builder of low end high budget vehicles...

Member Number: 4701
B/S/T Feedback: (31)

^^ Nice! What the heck is that? I can see it's a Suzuki, but I don't know that I've ever seen one like that.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 AM
www.mishacalvin.com

Member Number: 4544
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolRC1 View Post
^^ Nice! What the heck is that? I can see it's a Suzuki, but I don't know that I've ever seen one like that.

Its a Suzuki Jimney
Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Monster truck enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Andy View Post
Its a Suzuki Jimney
Jimny not Jimney

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolRC1 View Post
Thanks!

Jimny is a successor to Samurai's. These are not available Stateside, so that's why you haven't seen them, which is too bad because there would be a lot more after market offroad stuff available for it if they ever decide to bring it to the States!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 AM
www.mishacalvin.com

Member Number: 4544
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Quote:

Jimny is a successor to Samurai's. These are not available Stateside, so that's why you haven't seen them, which is too bad because there would be a lot more after market offroad stuff available for it if they ever decide to bring it to the States!

Have you tried this lot? They built an amazing one for the UK KoH a couple of years ago

http://www.offroad-armory.com/store/
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Monster truck enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Andy View Post
Have you tried this lot? They built an amazing one for the UK KoH a couple of years ago

http://www.offroad-armory.com/store/
Yeah, I'm aware of ORA products, but there's almost nothing I couldn't fab myself. I'm gonna put a Samurai transfer case with 6.5:1 gears on the Jim, and swap the axles for some Yota ones. Bumpers and all the rest I need I can fab myself...
Old 01-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Going commando for a better future !!

Member Number: 1628

..how about an

Old 01-07-2013, 03:42 AM
Monster truck enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakillswitch View Post
..how about an

Yeah, it's been a long time since the last one! But unfortunately I haven't done much to it.

But this thing is NOT forgotten, I guarantee it!

Well, now that you're asking, maybe I can put up a pic just for the fun of it!
I happened to find a bunch of cheap jolly roger's on ebay! Not exactly true to scale size, but I'm about to trim the flag a little bit to make it slightly smaller and need to make a flagpole for it too, but at least I have made some "progress".

And, because I've been so lazy on this build, I'm gonna start another soon to keep my motivation up. I'll give you a few hints: scale, electric, 1:8, GD and #2...

Stay tuned!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 AM
Going commando for a better future !!

Member Number: 1628

Quote:
I'm gonna start another soon to keep my motivation up. I'll give you a few hints: scale, electric, 1:8, GD and #2... Stay tuned!
Cool news mate