Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale Courses
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale Courses Shows us where you run your trucks!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 10-18-2012, 06:40 AM
DRW-FJ40's Avatar
DRW-FJ40 DRW-FJ40 is offline
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia, U.S.A.
Posts: 564
Member Number: 12061
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79BlackPearl View Post
Pretty dang cool!! Does your creative brain waves ever stop flowing?? Awesome concepts and delivery. Heck the next time I'm in D.C., I just might have to fly up the weekend before and come visit Wolf Creek RC Park to see it with my own eyes. Amazing, simply amazing.
Thanks! I attempt to put the breaks on the brain waves every time the credit card statement arrives but...

Let us know when you're in D.C. One guy comes from D.C. area & you might be able to catch a ride.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
  #92  
Old 10-19-2012, 04:04 PM
shadowwalking shadowwalking is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New River Valley, Virginia
Posts: 83
Member Number: 794
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Doug your not far off with that pic.
I'll have to email ya the pic as I cannot remember how to post pics.

B
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 PM
DRW-FJ40's Avatar
DRW-FJ40 DRW-FJ40 is offline
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia, U.S.A.
Posts: 564
Member Number: 12061
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Happy Halloween!









Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
The Stray Cat's Avatar
The Stray Cat The Stray Cat is offline
Everybody Needs Rock N Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Concord, NY
Posts: 11,260
Member Number: 4514
B/S/T Feedback: (45)
Default

Awesome pics Doug! I love the Mummy and Skeleton/casket picture!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-29-2012, 02:56 PM
shadowwalking shadowwalking is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New River Valley, Virginia
Posts: 83
Member Number: 794
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Pics look great Doug!

Thanks again for letting us "play".

See ya in the spring.

B
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:46 PM
DRW-FJ40's Avatar
DRW-FJ40 DRW-FJ40 is offline
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia, U.S.A.
Posts: 564
Member Number: 12061
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stray Cat View Post
Awesome pics Doug! I love the Mummy and Skeleton/casket picture!
Thanks Ed, I have some cool pics of my start on the scale campground. One of the guys brought an offroad teardrop trailer he scratch built... So I had to build a campsite for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalking View Post
Pics look great Doug!

Thanks again for letting us "play".

See ya in the spring.

B
Spring?? I though we'ld put a plow blade on that clod.

Always fun!
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM
shadowwalking shadowwalking is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New River Valley, Virginia
Posts: 83
Member Number: 794
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

I had a plow blade that fit on Clods....but I traded it off a while back.


Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-31-2012, 04:00 PM
3SPDREKR's Avatar
3SPDREKR 3SPDREKR is offline
Building scale since 1985
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SW Michigan 'skunk works'
Posts: 739
Member Number: 7162
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Awesome. You have WAY to much spare time on your hands. Cool to see that sweet teardrop camper out there. I'd bring my 5th wheel (condo on wheels), but I would need a 40' (40") poured concrete pad and full hookup
.
__________________
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart...It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23 & 24
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-01-2012, 06:49 AM
DRW-FJ40's Avatar
DRW-FJ40 DRW-FJ40 is offline
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia, U.S.A.
Posts: 564
Member Number: 12061
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SPDREKR View Post
Awesome. You have WAY to much spare time on your hands. Cool to see that sweet teardrop camper out there. I'd bring my 5th wheel (condo on wheels), but I would need a 40' (40") poured concrete pad and full hookup
.
Ha! you wouldn't believe the places I carve time out to work on some of this. But the big thing is I don't watch TV. Once we get the kids to bed, I spend a couple hours or so a night. And I'm not that bad! You should check out some of the builds on this site. Some of these guys REALLY have way too much time on their hands. Like this one:

Too much time on my hands

You let me know when you're going to bring the 5th wheel & I'll make sure you have a 40" pad. As far as hook ups.... well

Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 AM
DRW-FJ40's Avatar
DRW-FJ40 DRW-FJ40 is offline
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia, U.S.A.
Posts: 564
Member Number: 12061
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Little more work on the Jungle hut. finished out the lookout tower up top. Still needs a brass telescope, working on that.





Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:29 PM
The Stray Cat's Avatar
The Stray Cat The Stray Cat is offline
Everybody Needs Rock N Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Concord, NY
Posts: 11,260
Member Number: 4514
B/S/T Feedback: (45)
Default

You know Doug, with all of this amazing detail you have put into this scale course, I think it is still lacking a little something... Not to drain your bank account any further but for whatever reason, your new hut reminded me of the train station in the movie Ghost in the Darkness, so now you need to put a functioning garden scale train track in there!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:55 PM
DieselJC DieselJC is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St Cloud,MN
Posts: 71
Member Number: 18548
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

That is nice work! Wish their was a park like that up here someplace to crawl on.


JC
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 PM
ben1272 ben1272 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Member Number: 1732
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default awesome

Love it! What do you do to control the weeds? I assume they must rear their heads in the places that you dont want them?

Also, are you making your own rocks? Sorry if you answered either of these questions already. I kinda skimmed through the thread looking at the many pictures. I'd like to build one of these for myself!

Thanks for taking the time to share it all with us!
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 PM
pardonmyn00b's Avatar
pardonmyn00b pardonmyn00b is offline
I ain't not a dorkus
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Amherst, OH
Posts: 5,741
Member Number: 8206
B/S/T Feedback: (31)
Default

Nature built his rocks. He isn't hardcore enough to build his own like imthatguy or me.

Is that lookout tower for spotting broken down Jeeps and Land Rovers?

It's coming along nicely. You take RC diorama building to the next level.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:07 PM
DRW-FJ40's Avatar
DRW-FJ40 DRW-FJ40 is offline
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia, U.S.A.
Posts: 564
Member Number: 12061
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stray Cat View Post
You know Doug, with all of this amazing detail you have put into this scale course, I think it is still lacking a little something... Not to drain your bank account any further but for whatever reason, your new hut reminded me of the train station in the movie Ghost in the Darkness, so now you need to put a functioning garden scale train track in there!
Thanks Ed. It's just time and money... Right? I'd love to put a train in but for what it would cost, I would end up single. scale is pretty far off on G guage too & scratch building @ 10 scale would be a project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselJC View Post
That is nice work! Wish their was a park like that up here someplace to crawl on.

JC
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
Love it! What do you do to control the weeds? I assume they must rear their heads in the places that you dont want them?

Also, are you making your own rocks? Sorry if you answered either of these questions already. I kinda skimmed through the thread looking at the many pictures. I'd like to build one of these for myself!

Thanks for taking the time to share it all with us!
Thanks! Initially I sprayed but I've got enough area cleared that I just pull 'em now. Rock is natural, although I've moved some stuff around, the small stuff that is. I've filled a lot in with sand and pea gravel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
Nature built his rocks. He isn't hardcore enough to build his own like imthatguy or me.

Is that lookout tower for spotting broken down Jeeps and Land Rovers?

It's coming along nicely. You take RC diorama building to the next level.
Thanks Richard, and yes, I'm not hard core enough to build my own rocks.

The look out tower is for spotting the land rovers, the jeeps don't get far enough to need the elevational advantage to spot them. It will have a tellescope for the occasional dorkus in his Isuzu that get's lost.
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2019, Scale 4x4 R/C