Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > General R/C Banter > Scale 4x4 Build Offs and Contests
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Old 03-22-2008, 07:52 PM
I build Lowriders

Member Number: 1386
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

I say we have a "Custom Works Build-Off". Show off your individual skills and we judge who has the most skill in building. Or a "Scale4x4RC Build-Off" in tribute to the site itself. Person with the most scale vehicle wins. No rules except follow the generalalities.

"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:54 PM
FlatBrokeCustomz

Member Number: 2317
B/S/T Feedback: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
I say we have a "Custom Works Build-Off". Show off your individual skills and we judge who has the most skill in building. Or a "Scale4x4RC Build-Off" in tribute to the site itself. Person with the most scale vehicle wins. No rules except follow the generalalities.
i like that idea,theres tons of skill here,this way it would enable people to use any scale size.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:04 PM
I build Lowriders

Member Number: 1386
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

exactly. i didn't want to have to build 1/10th because thats not my style. i build micros.

"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
Old 03-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 444
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

I think maybe one based around the new Hilux body (as soon as it comes off backorder on wherever) would be okay also.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Waiting for my free magic pen!!

Member Number: 2692
B/S/T Feedback: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trials View Post
How about 'take a lexan body of your choice and super detail it'? They are cheap and easy to work with, very wide choice out there. Would require as much fabrication and detailing as you are willing to take it. It's such a blank canvas there will be so many different ideas and there should be no excucess for not taking part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler374 View Post
I think that is a better idea, more people will enter. I entered the "rock racer buildoff" but there wasn't enough people for me to compete with so i lost interest......
I agree, the laxan body range is huge, and that way people dont have the expense of building a chassis.
People wouldnt be starting from scratch either, and if you wanted, you could do the details to your chassis also, ie.. brake dics,lines, under the hood etc
Ill be in on that if everyone else is, and i know i was going to enter the rock racer build off, but my axles took a long time to come.

Stu... i wanted to enter the camper build off, but i wanted to do a trailer, not a van, and was'nt allowed
Old 03-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Ill be building 1.9...

Member Number: 2587

Yeah, Danielk, I think thats a better idea.

Im thinking no rules as far as creativity and imagination. Any scale you want, and body you want, and thing that is RC related! Even planes and heli's should enter also.

The only rule should be a time limit. This would be the ultimate buildoff. something every member here can enjoy and have fun with.

This site seems to be more popular with the crawlers, but there are other rc's here also. I havn't seen any buildoffs for cars, boats, planes...ect ect. It's time we do a buildoff for everyone. after all, we all do have 1 thing in common......

RC'S!!!!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:42 PM

hmm.. thats actually a really good idea ^^^^X2^^^^^

That would be one major build off, and a very wide selection of builds to keep us all amused
Old 03-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Brain Mechanic

Member Number: 2610

I have one scaler that I detailed it the best I could.
Can this one be considered?

As Dremelit put it I really put all my passion in it...
Im also involved in another one based on this look:

Its nothing special or out of the ordinary, no incredible breakthroughs just a hobby which keeps me entertained. I plan also the most detail I can put for my enjoyment. This is the thread link:

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17739

Old 03-23-2008, 05:53 AM
Electric Monk on a bored horse

Member Number: 185
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler374 View Post
Yeah, Danielk, I think thats a better idea.

Im thinking no rules as far as creativity and imagination. Any scale you want, and body you want, and thing that is RC related! Even planes and heli's should enter also.

The only rule should be a time limit. This would be the ultimate buildoff. something every member here can enjoy and have fun with.

This site seems to be more popular with the crawlers, but there are other rc's here also. I havn't seen any buildoffs for cars, boats, planes...ect ect. It's time we do a buildoff for everyone. after all, we all do have 1 thing in common......

RC'S!!!!
That's called the Featured Ride contest. Every 3 months
Old 03-23-2008, 07:21 AM

Whats the plan then?????

We having another one??? useing a chassis we already have and going from there????

Do i really need to get a the stick out to get this one going?

oh well

I think a build with any body would be cool, like was said before me.
As scale as possible though or not, who knows
Old 03-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Ill be building 1.9...

Member Number: 2587

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremelit View Post

realy? when does the next one start up?
Old 03-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I read build threads backwards

Member Number: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremelit View Post
yeah guys durrrr

Old 03-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed

Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build Off!Toyota Build

Or how about a Toyota Build Off!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 02:42 PM

So you dont like Toyota's then?
Old 03-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed

Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
So you dont like Toyota's then?
Cant stand em, Japanese Rubbish!
Have got a original bodyset waiting to go under the knife mind!
Would have had some chassis rails but someone sniped me on an ebay auction!