Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 1.9's
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 1.9's Scale trucks that use 1.9" tires. Discuss your XC and similar type trucks.

Old 02-03-2020, 05:16 PM
Up to no good

Member Number: 9106
B/S/T Feedback: (16)

Pretty decent little CJ you got there. The roll bar goes well with it...seems to finish it off. I like the functional hood and windshield. Well done...
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 02-03-2020, 05:28 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 19557
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

that is really starting to look good. keep it up!
Old 02-03-2020, 06:11 PM

Member Number: 26533

Thanks Guys , I really need to get those wheel flairs made . the Cj always looks unfinished to me without flairs . I like the crawlers with the fenders cropped , but with full fenders it looks weird with no flairs. can't wait to get the hg p407 to kit bash.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:22 PM

And the engine sneak peak .
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2020, 09:04 PM

did the wheel flairs and made the seats and covered them in leather
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2020, 08:11 PM

bit more work on the jeep , tailgate , tail lighte
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2020, 07:57 PM

Made the proper scale size steering wheel today, of course once again no finding 1/7 scale so I fabbed it up with some coat hanger and brass plate and wrapped it with leather, still may drill some holes in the cross bars ?? , the steering shaft was also machined on the lathe to be larger and I added a signal leaver just for fun . I also did the shifters the same way my full size has it with the bulldog low military transmission (added that tell tale double bend in the shifter ). I have a dina 60 rear locked and a dana 44 heavy on the front with limited slip on my full sized so I may have to look for axles that look more like a dana . Does anyone know if you can get dana looking axles with a offset pot ,I mean with the pot set off center , I find on the real jeep it helped greatly with clearance .
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2020, 09:26 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 15933

rc4wd k44 cast scale axle
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/rc4z-a0101.htm
Old 02-13-2020, 08:43 AM

Thanks Walter that's just what I needed , don't know why I didn't think of them .
Old 02-17-2020, 08:34 PM

Did the spring loaded hood latches , was just not possible to make them spring loaded and make them any thinner so they are a little bigger in diameter then they should be . Took a little head scratching to make them work correctly but was a lot of fun ,also machined some holes on the steering wheel , think it looks a little better . also starting to replace some of the screws with the correct countersunk screws .
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2020, 06:54 PM

My hg 407a showed up today , wow this is a nice kit ,almost a shame to bash it for my build, well I can always buy another they are so cheap . As I was hoping the frame is perfect , exactly the correct width on the front and with the rear frame extensions removed it's the perfect length . I reversed the shackles on the front axles and shortened the front lief springs to be more like the jeep . The frame had the correct cross brace in the front but it had a strange downward bend . thankfully it was fairly easy to bent the frames straight to level the front cross member . Now the center front body mount that the jeep uses can attach in the correct place . I just need to make 2 crosser's to mount the body in the factory locations and the body is mounted . The only thing I don't like is the transmission hangs way to low .I may end up using a 2 speed transfer case as it would be much more authentic . the axles look good and have the offset pumpkins . I will cut down the rear axle and use the rc4wd 12mm axle conversion so I can use some nice bead locks . it sits a little low compared to my full sized jeep but I can work on the ride height .I ordered some proline 2.2 super swampers as I like the size of the 2.2's better
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2020, 07:07 PM

used grommet's for the body mount rubbers , has 2 mounts on the rear 2 under the floor pans and one in the front center of the rad cradle ,still have to add the crosser that mounts the roll bar to the frame . I also replaced the mickey mouse driveshafts and used some nice splined slip yoke type. The hg407's that iv'e seen have the shafts wobbling all over , these replacements are nice and true and spin straight . the shafts come a bit bulky so I machine them down on the lathe to look a bit more the part .Next on to the bumpers & about marking the parts when making parts fit on a prototype ..winch. I want to make a soft top and soft doors for it once I am done the mechanics .. . Once I have the machine complete and just the way I like it I strip it down sand and paint , I like to do paint last so I don't have to worry
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2020, 12:09 AM

Member Number: 26082

That's a totally neat one, man! Nice
Old 02-20-2020, 06:36 AM

I guess as I am changing to 2.2 I'm officially in the wrong thread LOL. I have 39.5x14 swampers on my full sized jeep , that works out to 5.71" in 1/7 scale . the proline super swamper XL is 5.8 so it should be perfect . the sotck 407 tires you see on the jeep now work out to be 33" . way too small for any respectable mud slinger . I don't know what to do about rims at the moment any input welcome , give it to me straight guys ,I want it to look right . I'm thinking painted white steel??

Last edited by Ramjett : 02-20-2020 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:24 PM

converted the oddly mounted U bolts on the axles , I don't like the idea of the bolts hanging down like that so I made all new U bolts with a little jig I made ,machined up some new top plates . So much cleaner having them bolted in this way . Looks just like my full size now after I did my spring over conversion . with the big proline tires I may just have to do a body lift . I needed to do a 6" body lift and a spring over conversion to get the 39.5x14 under my full sized jeep .. when I get this little guy done I will take a picture of it on the hood of my full sized bush crawler.
Attached Images