Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > R/C Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > Rogue Element Components
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Rogue Element Components Fine Custom and Limited-Edition Machine Work

View Poll Results: What 3rd color option would be wanted?
Blue 4 36.36%
Green 0 0%
Red 8 72.73%
Other 1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2018, 10:05 AM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)
Default OFFICIAL 2018 Clod Wheel Thread!

At long last, the OFFICIAL 2018 LTD. EDITION CLOD WHEEL THREAD! Yes, it took a few weeks to finish my last product & design & cut the protos, but that's all behind us now- This stuff ain't quick nor simple, but apologies nonetheless. This will be the ONLY PLACE to get info, updates, progress reports, post comments & such whilst they're being manufactured: No facebook or instagram for me, just here.

Forgive the pics! These are just rough proto designs, too- Just to get an idea what you'll be getting, so ignore tool marks and weird stuff.

Below is the info to pick up a set (Or two.) There will only be 100 SETS MADE, PERIOD, and will go to deposit-paying customers. If anyone gets in late, I'll add you to a list in chronological order in case, but I anticipate these will be gone by the time they're done.

Here is the info All, feel free to post, Email or PM with any thoughts or opinions.

PAYMENT INFO-
Please Read Everything before Ordering & Questions!

-Deposits will be $50 USD per set. Without one, you will not be on the list.
So just posting 'Put me down for a set' is a waste of time & litters my friggin' thread.

-Total price will be $269.99 per set, not including shipping

-A 'set' will be 4 wheels- 4 center Plates, 8 Wheel Tubes, with 4 beadlock tubes and hardware

-Shipping will be calculated when the wheels are done, say 2 Lbs./Set.

-After your deposits,from today, it'll be likely another 90 to 120 days before they're done (i.e., before you need the rest) so you sure will have time to scrounge up the balance! So keep that in mind- Taking a while to do these does have that as a plus. I'll go as fact as is practicable but I'm 1 guy. These will be worth the wait! Loosely Est. ship date is end Sept.

MOST IMPORTANT!

-Deposits are non-refundable unless it's some error on my part. These may be sent to my Paypal (And my Email, Hint) at [email protected] TIP- Copy & Paste this or probs occur.

-YOU MUST LIST total # of sets, Design, and Color info with a shipping address, or else I'll send you production rejects ano'd in Pink.

GENERAL WHEEL INFO

-Wheels are 6061-T6 Aluminum, take stock Clod rubber, and are Internal Beadlocks utilizing an inner plastic tube

-Offset will make these approx. 1/4" (6 mm.) wider than a stock Clod wheel

-Actual spokes are .150 (Approx. 4 mm.) thick

-7 designs available, but to choose design & color, get in early-See below!

-The wheels have nuts machined into the faces, but you can't see them in the pics very well due to the background tool marks (And my Shitty photographic 'Skills".) These marks have almost no dimensional depth, but look 'Busy'- So, Silver wheels with have a matte finish background behind the nuts& Ano'd take care of themselves. After beading/Ano, the nuts will be re-machined (As well as some other highlights) and will be a bit of 'Bolt' protruding from a 'Nut' on a 'Washer', all in Silver- Hard to envision, but trust me, very nice indeed.

-All screw heads are polished 7075, and if a color is chosen for the design center plates the screws will also be that color.

-These will be Serial #'d, 1 of 100 thru 100 of 100, with a matching Certificate of Authenticity. There will be no # choice, you get what you get- It's not like a later number will diminish the value. If these limited wheels are not exclusive enough for ya, feel free to make your own. No exceptions. Gimme a Break!

-The back drives are direct to the 12mm. Hex, and are extended approx. 4 mm. over the axle tube- This helps keep dust & crap out of your bearings, more so than typical flatback wheels.

-Available in Natural Silver or Anodized, Black or Yellow/Gold for design plates & screw heads. Wheel Tubes will be Natural only.

BONUS INFO

If you made it this far, Congratulations! A couple last-minute tidbits:

-I will likely make some nuts just for these wheels. The originals were Spikes, and the new ones will likely be too- I am not committed though, so tell me what style nut you'd like & MAYBE.......?

-I will consider adding a color if I get enough input, so again, speak up: You chaps asked for these & I wanna make you happy!

That's about it for now, if I missed anything I'll letcha know with an edit and a post. I guarantee once these are in your hands you'll be SUPER glad you got in on these- I have a reputation to uphold, y'know! Cheers All, Chris Cazan Rogue Element Components

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 05-27-2018, 01:14 PM

The Classic: This 15+-yr.-old design is my original Clod wheel, and the one that got a bunch of you to start a grass-roots campaign to get me to do these again
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2018, 01:15 PM

The 10-Hole: One of a couple of vintage old truck designs
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2018, 01:16 PM

The 8-Slot: The other vintage stalwart-
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2018, 01:18 PM

The Solid: A No-BS design, hand sanded satin finish at 320 grit-
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2018, 01:19 PM

The Seven-Spoke: Spokes will be a tad thicker-
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2018, 01:22 PM

The SST: The Tamiya-style wheel from the Scorcher etc., a nice addition for the Tamiya hardcore. (Ignore gouges in smaller spokes, predrill was too big but these are protos!
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2018, 01:26 PM

The K-5: This is a directional wheel, so mirror wheels for R&L.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2018, 01:30 PM

The Drive Side: Will be offset 1/4" (6mm.) wider than stock. Direct drive to Brass Hex- No cheating by drilling oversize-the corners, precision machined as they should be. Dust Extension goes over the axle tube about .150 (3.5mm.) to make the dust & dirt hve to work harder to get in your bearings.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2018, 11:55 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 32
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

I’m in for a set of Seven Spoke. Centersin gold and wheels in silver
Old 05-28-2018, 05:10 AM
I build lots of Toyotas

Member Number: 188
B/S/T Feedback: (9)

Good morning Chris,
I placed my order over the weekend for the 3 sets of wheels. I was wondering though, if there is enough interest of course, if you would be willing to cut additional centers?

I know myself, I have quite a few clod busters, and sometimes, as my build expands my initial wheel choice changes. Sometimes, its a simple as having the anodized or non anodized center. Sometimes the entire wheels are just swapped for a different pattern.

I know the wheels are a limited run and once they are done that is it, and while I feel the pricing is more then fair I think it'll give the people who may like more then 1 or 2 styles but, cant afford additional sets, the ability to have 3 or 4 styles by making additional centers.

Hoping that's a possibility!

Thanks
Mike
93 Nissan Skyline GTST Type-M
Old 05-28-2018, 10:40 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 19523
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Thank you Chris for making such great products. If what 1badjeepbruiser says is possible I would also be in for a additional inserts. I’m always in for anything you create/sale. Also thanks for making it a little easier to purchase these for those who have a hard time explaining why (too there significant other) I need a set of wheels for a rc that already has wheels.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:53 AM

That seems like a fine idea, and should be no prob while I'm doing 'em. I'll start making the silver outer wheel's 'Tubes' & do the centers last- That will give plenty of time for chaps to decide.

As for price, since people are paying a premium for these wheels, let's say $99.99 for a set of 4 extra centers, if that seems fair: These don't use as much material as the 'Tubes' but sure do eat their share of machine time.

Just let me know, & I'll just add it to the order. For 1st time buyers who don't know my system, I'll send out Balance Due's when these are about ready to ship, via Paypal. I'll be updating here as things progress, so you'll know when I'm about to cut centers & you should have that order in.

One last thing- It seems some think the whole wheel is anodized: This is not the case. Only the center plates & screw heads will be Ano, but all wheel 'Tubes' are Natural- Just FYI. The pic below is one of the original wheels from way back- This is pretty much how they'll look, but better- These are meant to be the sweetest Clod wheels ever made, so I have plans.... Chris REC
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2018, 01:38 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 170
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

in for 2 full sets, and 2 sets of centers, email sent with colors, shipping address etc as instructed, but not followed the first time

what!! they're not??

Last edited by bigdogrod : 05-28-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:43 PM
I build lots of Toyotas

Member Number: 188
B/S/T Feedback: (9)

Excellent Chris, glad you can do the centers ! Price is more then fair. I already did my order, do you want me to send another deposit for the centers ?
93 Nissan Skyline GTST Type-M