Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Big Rigs, Multi axle, & Tracked Vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Big Rigs, Multi axle, & Tracked Vehicles The place for "Semi" talk!
Tamiya and Wedico Tractor trailers!
Tamiya and other brand R/C Tanks and Tracked vehicles. And any vehicle with more than 2 axles; 6x6, 8x8, 10x10, etc!

Old 02-22-2020, 01:16 PM
I like to make things.

Member Number: 28889
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprinut View Post
Yep allthread is basicly a rod that are threaded all the way, like a really long bolt without the head.
The dump truck guys have made their own system for years doing so.
And more recent years used on printers.
If don't remember wrong, the printers seems to use fine pitch M5 or so.

A normal allthread can be bought at you hardware store, at least where I live.
I'm using 3 or 4mm allthread to make my own links on my rigs.
Saves a bunch of money vs buying link kits.
LOL,sorry, I know allthread, used it for the trailer axles, etc. It's the bearing stuff I didn't think of. Of course here in the US getting metric allthread is a pain. Heck, getting ANYTHING metric is a pain, at least locally. End up mail ordering everything, and I'm just not patient

-- A
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 02-22-2020, 01:22 PM
I like to make things.

Member Number: 28889
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryCan View Post
root shingle highway ........ keep that a secret, we do not want the city grabbing that idea, cause we would be driving on it LOL

I make a joke but it has a realistic road look about it. How are you keeping them from separating ?
The straight sections just sit there, the shingles seem to be heavy enough not to blow away in the wind. The grass is gonna be holding them down soon enough, have to go mow my highway!

The curved section at the end is glued onto some expanded mesh from the scrap pile. God bless Liquid Nails, that stuff sticks almost anything to most anything else. Including skin (learned my lesson years ago and get disposable nitrile gloves by the 100pk.)

The one pain I may have mentioned is that masking tape does NOT stick to the shingles (nothing does, they're oily!) so the paint is wildly inaccurate (but then so is the scale I figure it's 20' good and we all got a good laugh out of Dad playing with toys (I mean, testing out the new build) out there.

-- A