Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 06-07-2020, 06:15 PM
Up to no good

Member Number: 9106
B/S/T Feedback: (16)
Default Willez Waggy

I've always wanted to own a 1:1 Willys Wagon, for as long as I can remember, but it's always been out of reach. My first introduction to Jeeps was with my dad in his CJ-3A. I think I was very young and when I was about 4 or 5 years old, my uncle took me up to our hunting camp and let me drive his Waggy...well, he let me steer while he did the gas. I was hooked and have been a fan ever since.

Now, I'm ready to do the next best thing by creating one, in scale, that I can actually enjoy without taking out a second mortgage. Hopefully it won't take me years to complete.

I'm going for 1/8th scale. I've got a RC4WD aluminum Bruiser chassis, K44's, and an R4 to start. Once a few more parts come in, I'll get the chassis sorted out. I'm planning an interior and an engine, possibly an OEM type. Fountain Green is the color it will be.

Going for something like this...

Wheels and tires...
Attached Images

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-09-2020, 04:53 AM
Can I have the blazer back.....

Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

You have my attention.
This is going to be great.

What tires are those....?
their freaking perfect.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:21 AM
Going commando for a better future !!

Member Number: 1628
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

It's good to be back
Old 06-09-2020, 03:47 PM
Up to no good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
You have my attention.
This is going to be great.

What tires are those....?
their freaking perfect.
Those tires are the RC4WD 1.9 Hawkeye. They're perfect as a stock old skool snow tire. I wish the rims would have been narrower, but the they look so much like Jeep rims, I couldn't pass them up. I have a secret build that will get another set just like them...it's amazing how close the Ford rims and Jeep rims resemble each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakillswitch View Post
It's good to be back
Yup, yup!
Old 06-28-2020, 08:00 PM
Up to no good

Small update...basic chassis completed. Still needs more work but the basic lay out is there. I used an RC4WD Bruiser chassis and "massaged" it a little, to get it more "Willys" like. I tried to use scale hardware as much as possible on the visible frame areas. It'll get a little weathering once it's closer to being done.
Attached Images

Last edited by Willezcr8 : 06-28-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:06 AM
Up to no good

After doing some eyeballing, I wasn't completely satisfied with the way the rear suspension was working. It seemed choppy and the shocks were binding on the axle mounts molded onto the the K44's. I could have cut them off but then if I decide to change them out in the future, there wouldn't be any spring perches on the axle.

So I decided to fix the problem by making a new set of leaf springs that would match the actual scale size. They're actually about 1 1/4 inches longer than the TF2 springs I had in there before. I also had to make some new lower shock mounts, and used a couple of TLT link mounts for that. Now it sits correctly and functions the way it should. What I may do, in the future, is add another leaf, from eye-to-eye to strengthen the ends a little. Then, remove the springs from the shocks to soften the ride and compensate for the added leaf. I already removed them from the front shocks. I won't know if I need to do this until I add weight to it. The pics don't seem like anything new, but if you compare them to the previous pics, you can see the difference.
Attached Images