Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale On-road R/C > R/C Motorcycles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

R/C Motorcycles Two Wheeled Fury!

Old 03-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 528
B/S/T Feedback: (17)
Default New bike!!! 1/18th lipo, 2.4g

WHEN AND WHERE DOES THIS ADDICTION END??????????

Well, have sold durango and honda shadow in preperation for our move left me with a few extra $$. as my luck with fleebay, when i bid on something, i always get sniped and loose. so i now bid on multiple things, worst case i win 2. HAHAHA, fat chance. been working on getting one of these buggers for a while. Well low and behold, now i'm the proud owner of 3!!!!!!! never thought i'd score 1 much 3 for what i was bidding.

Kyosho Mini z motorcycle. 1/18th scale, 2.4g, usb charger, can charge of TX too. Waiting for bat to charge now.

Onto the juicy shots.
Attached Images

Last edited by BiLLy bOb : 03-21-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:27 PM
THE_JOKER

Member Number:

Neat lil bike!.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:24 AM
Old Time'r

thankyee sir. its a bugger to rum smoothly but part of that problem is the asphalt road where i was using it. smooth as babys butt in a 1:1 but this thing shows up every imperfection. my old 1/8th bike on same rd, no issue but the sheer lack of size makes this thing hard to run on it. actually operating it, keeping it stood up and riding wasnt too bad. took a few minutes to get the hang of it, been too many years since i run a bike. on a smoother surface this thing will be a pure HOOT i believe. now gotta find a place larger and smoother than the local public road.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:35 AM
THE_JOKER

Member Number:

Need a nice parking lot or something, flat tarmac.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Old Time'r

you got that right. once i get my garage built, already figuring on a babybottom smoooth garage floor.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:15 AM
I've been here so long my banana's turned purple!

Member Number: 3180
B/S/T Feedback: (29)

that's awesome!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Old Time'r

thanks. going to hobby shop later to try to pick up some bearings to replace those steenkin slider balls. having a bearing to roll on has gotta be better than having a ball of plastic drag the ground when leaning down in a corner. hobby shop said they got some micro bearings going down to 1mm id. this is 1.5id. figure a 2mmID wills till work once i add a bit of locktite or CA glue. ball is 6mm tall, so shooting for that range.
ill update later this evening and *might* even have a pic or 2. dont know if i'll find a good place to run it or not.
louie
Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 AM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

I heard those were not very good bikes (Blatant jealousy sneaks in.....) Definitely not totally cool looking (MORE snarkiness) can't be much fun I'd throw it away (Over the top now!) This looks like just the thing to get outta my R/C funk, I wanna be you!

Looks like .013" sand particles are equal to riding on 1/4" gravel in 1:1- Maybe put a lil' broom on the front? Seriously, carry one in the trunk & sweep the area before running, will likely be necessary. Maybe find a gymnasium to run in? (Always my fantasy with 1/8-scale bikes) but you know SOMEONE would yell "Git them black rubber tyres off that floor!"

The outriggers need not only a lil' rubber wheel, but a lightly spring-loaded one to be as close to perfect as possible. This has plagued bikers since Day 1- Maybe after you get used to it, it'll be less of an issue. Good score for sure, enjoy! Chris REC
Old 03-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Old Time'r

HAHAHAHA, you crack me up sir. come on over. got 2 more that should be here in another few days. never win anything on peebay so now i've got to where i bid on multiples. well, ended up with 3 of the 4!! got plenty of good junk to mess around with.

your right, need to carry a broom. after the move and getting new garage built, i'll have a nice HUGE area for a track. you can gayrontee dat!

was able to pick up some bearings at hobby shop today. once i get them on there, gonna see how it works, their a bit smaller than the plastic balls on there now, so i figure it i want a larger diameter, i'll go to the parts house and get a couple little rubber Orings and slip over the outside of bearing with a bit of CA glue.

turn the gyro up on it and my 5yo was driving it in 5 mintues. my 11yo in less. it really is simple to drive with the built in gyro in the rear wheel. now need to find me a nice SMOOOOOTH place to run'er.

should have a vid up ...... yeah right, might have vid up after i wake up, its 130 now, im going to bed.
Louie

Last edited by BiLLy bOb : 03-22-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Old Time'r

ok, after hours of trying to figure it out last nite, youboobe wants to ***ch about copyright because the radio is on in the background. forget them. not even going to try to figure out how to get rid of sound. uploaded it to photobucket. heres the link.....

hope yall enjoy. first vid attempt ever by me.

http://s1131.photobucket.com/user/Bi...ef05b.mp4.html
Old 03-24-2014, 03:30 AM
THE_JOKER

Member Number:

lol she sounded like she was having a heck of a time with it, runs nicely on the smoothy too!.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:08 AM
Can I have the blazer back.....

Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Looks to be a hoot. sounds and looks like you all had a great time, Way to go Louie. Congrats on the first build. Now you need to lay down and get some close up drive by's. Keep it coming.

Last edited by 2Beers : 03-24-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Old Time'r

Quote:
lol she sounded like she was having a heck of a time with it, runs nicely on the smoothy too!.
yes, she really likes them. can't wait to get a truly smooth surface to try these out on. ya never realize how rough asphalt is until you try out something like this.

Quote:
Looks to be a hoot. sounds and looks like you all had a great time, Way to go Louie. Congrats on the first build. Now you need to lay down and get some close up drive by's. Keep it coming.
Bro, your OPTIMISTIC!!! """first build""""yerrr funny!!hahaha thanks but im just a fat lazy keyboard builder. know the steps to do what i want, but never can find the time or space to do so. I truly hope to actually do some building once i get moved. promise, once the girls get a bit better, i'll get try to get some down low and close video.

Took the girls to park sunday afternoon, we tried to run it in the parking lot but the wind was cutting all of us in half. it was just frigid. BUT IT IS ALL GOOD, BOTH DAUGHTERS WERE *****FIGHTING***** to see who would get to drive first. i was so happy to see this, my oldest actually making a fuss because she WANTED to drive. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, score 1 for the dum Bass!!!!! something R/C that my older girl shows some interest in. coooool. local dollar general stores have some plastic toy bikes on shelf right now so i picked up a few. figuring maybe a rebody for one of the rc's.

#2 of 3 arrived today. here's a few quickies. of course the mini version of *she who must be obeyed* just HAD to be in some of the pics. the yeller suzuki with the ducati rider is the toy. the new repsol came with a complete ducati body kit, wheels and rider, has aluminum forks and medim tires already installed. can't wait to try this one out.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2014, 05:40 AM
Old Time'r

The beginings of a bike track! that is unless we're eating dinner at the dining table that is slated to be there in the future. but that's easily enough moved!
sorry bout the lil size, gotta get them to turn up the resolution on camera.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2014, 05:44 AM
Can I have the blazer back.....

Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Are you going to get some chalk and make some curve track lines and hair pin corners.... I would... LOL. Should be a ball billybOb.. Its a great looking color by the way...Just purdy.