Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 4x4 R/C's Top Builds
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x4 R/C's Top Builds Some of our favorite builds!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2116  
Old 01-17-2019, 09:29 PM
Trini2DBone Trini2DBone is offline
'One cannot steal that which is freely given' - Trini2DBone
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 3,460
Member Number: 13990
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2redrovers View Post
After you're done with it, you can chop it in half and have my old one tonner ��
Lol... actually I have already started a couple of tonners! One HQ and one HX with the premier nose panel...!


image by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
  #2117  
Old 01-17-2019, 09:57 PM
2redrovers's Avatar
2redrovers 2redrovers is offline
Wasting Time'r
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 448
Member Number: 14261
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini2DBone View Post
Lol... actually I have already started a couple of tonners! One HQ and one HX with the premier nose panel...!


image by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
Sweet! Mine was a HX with HZ front and a 308 with exhaust dumped behind the cab that I used to enjoy setting off car alarms while idling through shopping car parks. I love the twin headlights, always looked the best to me.
Reply With Quote
  #2118  
Old 01-17-2019, 10:07 PM
Trini2DBone Trini2DBone is offline
'One cannot steal that which is freely given' - Trini2DBone
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 3,460
Member Number: 13990
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2redrovers View Post
Sweet! Mine was a HX with HZ front and a 308 with exhaust dumped behind the cab that I used to enjoy setting off car alarms while idling through shopping car parks. I love the twin headlights, always looked the best to me.
Already made the front...just need to tidy it up and make a mold of it !








Last edited by Trini2DBone : 11-01-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2119  
Old 01-17-2019, 10:40 PM
2redrovers's Avatar
2redrovers 2redrovers is offline
Wasting Time'r
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 448
Member Number: 14261
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Ooo me likey
Reply With Quote
  #2120  
Old 01-18-2019, 05:33 AM
2Beers's Avatar
2Beers 2Beers is offline
Can I have the blazer back.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: lewisville, Idaho
Posts: 6,723
Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default

I'll take mine in ..White ..please....
Like one of the first pics posted for this thread..

ahahaha
Yer Crazy.

The 2 RWD version..
__________________
Walking the fine line between Realistic scale and RC functionality..
Ron
Reply With Quote
  #2121  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Trini2DBone Trini2DBone is offline
'One cannot steal that which is freely given' - Trini2DBone
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 3,460
Member Number: 13990
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
I'll take mine in ..White ..please....
Like one of the first pics posted for this thread..

ahahaha
Yer Crazy.

The 2 RWD version..
Of course! Lol...!

Reply With Quote
  #2122  
Old 01-22-2019, 02:42 PM
2Beers's Avatar
2Beers 2Beers is offline
Can I have the blazer back.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: lewisville, Idaho
Posts: 6,723
Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default

Hummmmm.

I bet they came and took Trini away...building 10 sandmans at the same time,
has got to be a bit much

awol ???Ö...possible..

Or maybe New York just fell off in the ocean...

I doubt it was bad potato's though. Don't here much about food posioning from spuds.


Lets just hope he is super busy and will check in "shortly" with another over the top update mind blowing built ten sandmans at once update....shortly.
__________________
Walking the fine line between Realistic scale and RC functionality..
Ron
Reply With Quote
  #2123  
Old 01-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Trini2DBone Trini2DBone is offline
'One cannot steal that which is freely given' - Trini2DBone
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 3,460
Member Number: 13990
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
Hummmmm.

I bet they came and took Trini away...building 10 sandmans at the same time,
has got to be a bit much

awol ???Ö...possible..

Or maybe New York just fell off in the ocean...

I doubt it was bad potato's though. Don't here much about food posioning from spuds.


Lets just hope he is super busy and will check in "shortly" with another over the top update mind blowing built ten sandmans at once update....shortly.


Lol...! New York is still here... lol... picked up the flu again...and just when I thought it will pass it got super cold (windchill-15 ). Then the wife injured her toe so Iím picking up the slack with chores etc...

No such thing as bad Ďtaters...lol... Ďcept maybe them blue ones you been saving for me !

They did come to take me away...so I hid in the back of the 5 window coupe... way I figured it, they wonít be looking for a GM guy in a Ferd..... lol..!

Still got some bits to do on the Sandman... need to make a hinged door on the battery / electronics bay so I donít haveta take the body off every time....wanna do a small vid of it...even if itís in the apt...lol.....will try to print up some dash gauges later tonight...will see how that goes...also need to think about making a buck for the windscreen ....

Gonna try to complete the HQ front bumper as well.... then start putting together a few vans and station wagons...
Reply With Quote
  #2124  
Old 01-23-2019, 03:13 PM
2Beers's Avatar
2Beers 2Beers is offline
Can I have the blazer back.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: lewisville, Idaho
Posts: 6,723
Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini2DBone View Post
Lol...! New York is still here... lol... picked up the flu again...and just when I thought it will pass it got super cold (windchill-15 ). Then the wife injured her toe so Iím picking up the slack with chores etc...

No such thing as bad Ďtaters...lol... Ďcept maybe them blue ones you been saving for me !

They did come to take me away...so I hid in the back of the 5 window coupe... way I figured it, they wonít be looking for a GM guy in a Ferd..... lol..!

Still got some bits to do on the Sandman... need to make a hinged door on the battery / electronics bay so I donít haveta take the body off every time....wanna do a small vid of it...even if itís in the apt...lol.....will try to print up some dash gauges later tonight...will see how that goes...also need to think about making a buck for the windscreen ....

Gonna try to complete the HQ front bumper as well.... then start putting together a few vans and station wagons...
I figured you were out..or ..about ...busy...
Flu.... keep it east..way east..ahahaha
hope yer feeling better.

vid would be sweet.
Glad you check in my friend. I just had to poke ya. Been waaaaay to quiet.
Good news is...I'm slowly plugging away at your tractor...errr ummm truck,
Your tractor truck ahahahah truck tractor... I don't know what ya would call it .

It's slowly taking some shape though.
__________________
Walking the fine line between Realistic scale and RC functionality..
Ron
Reply With Quote
  #2125  
Old 01-23-2019, 05:38 PM
Willezcr8's Avatar
Willezcr8 Willezcr8 is online now
Up to no good
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,632
Member Number: 9106
B/S/T Feedback: (16)
Default

I followed a car into work this morning, with TRUTR1N1 on the plate. Made me think about checking in on this.

Working pretty fast to get 2 bodies built up, resembling yours. I'm so curious to see how those turn out. Are those going to be 2WD?
Reply With Quote
  #2126  
Old 01-23-2019, 06:31 PM
Trini2DBone Trini2DBone is offline
'One cannot steal that which is freely given' - Trini2DBone
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 3,460
Member Number: 13990
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willezcr8 View Post
I followed a car into work this morning, with TRUTR1N1 on the plate. Made me think about checking in on this.

Working pretty fast to get 2 bodies built up, resembling yours. I'm so curious to see how those turn out. Are those going to be 2WD?


Yeah they are mostly going to be RWD, except for maybe one of the Station Wagons....will be doing an Overlander version for it!
Reply With Quote
  #2127  
Old 01-25-2019, 12:33 AM
Trini2DBone Trini2DBone is offline
'One cannot steal that which is freely given' - Trini2DBone
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 3,460
Member Number: 13990
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default

Here’s Another small ....

Just another small experiment...lol...I made a bubble tailgate window! It turned out pretty nice , it’s not flawless but it looks good from 10 feet away...lol


Anywho....here’s a few pics ....watcha think?










Last edited by Trini2DBone : 11-01-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2128  
Old 01-25-2019, 06:06 AM
Willezcr8's Avatar
Willezcr8 Willezcr8 is online now
Up to no good
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,632
Member Number: 9106
B/S/T Feedback: (16)
Default

I like it...quite fitting for the era and style of the Sandman.
Reply With Quote
  #2129  
Old 01-25-2019, 06:40 AM
2redrovers's Avatar
2redrovers 2redrovers is offline
Wasting Time'r
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 448
Member Number: 14261
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

A 10 footer is about as good as those windows ever were... after all they were just plexiglass made in the 70's & 80's. Spot on I'd say.
Reply With Quote
  #2130  
Old 01-25-2019, 11:15 AM
Trini2DBone Trini2DBone is offline
'One cannot steal that which is freely given' - Trini2DBone
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 3,460
Member Number: 13990
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willezcr8 View Post
I like it...quite fitting for the era and style of the Sandman.
Hey thanks Willezcr8 !
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2019, Scale 4x4 R/C