Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > London Scale Trail Runners
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Old 02-09-2015, 04:40 AM
Scale truck obsessive.

Member Number: 21252
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default 2015 RRCi Scale Nationals (23-25 May).

There is a Facebook page for this now (https://www.facebook.com/events/1594621657433914), but for those not on Facebook (inc. me)...

23 May - 25 May 2015 (yes, 3 days!), Bracken Rocks again. Map links in description for this video:

Sounds as if Saturday & Monday are competition days, with Sunday being a 'fun day' (not sure if that means mucking about or if any 'fun' is organised). I'm booked in at the Alfreton Travel Lodge

Here are rules that Pete Attryde posted on scalerc.co.uk from the Facebook page:

Quote:
The RRCI Scaler nats rules
1. Must be 1/10 scale electric car/truck with a scale chassis. (No 2.2 comp chassis with a scale body) A scale chassis could be but not limited to MSD, RC4WD, Axial SCX-10 chassis, Wraith, Twin hammers or Yeti......
2. 2.2, 1.9,1.7 or 1.55 wheels and tyres ONLY! Tyre’s may be name brand or knock offs, just as long as they resemble the real thing. No comp crawler tyres
3. Vehicle must have at least 2 scale accessories. (I.e. jerry can, bed roll, cooler, shovel, winch, rock lights, etc.) The cooler the better!
4. Rear steer and dig are allowed in class 3 only. A vehicle may have 4x4, 2x4, 6x6 or 8x8 capabilities.
5. A vehicle must have a tow strap and winch points. (I.e. Bumper, D-rings, etc.)
6. A winch is highly recommended
7.When a driver starts a stage, he/she is competing against the clock. A driver must navigate through the stage gates in the order they are numbered and between the gates, even if winching is required. A time penalty is given for hitting a gate or a winch buddy. A stage is completed when the driver crosses the finish line and gets his or her time sheet signed off. Its not a fastest time so there’s no need to run like a mad man/woman. The course will have a predetermined time which you will not be told but will be matched to. eg you take 1hr 5 mins and set time is 1hr you will be given 5 mins of time, if you do it in 55 mins you will also get 5 mins of time. These courses will be pre walked to get this time, we won’t be grabbing a number out of the air
8. 2 to 4 driving stages with multiple mandatory skills sections in each stage. Skill sections will be marked with red/white tap on the ground showing boundary areas
9. Finishing order will be determined by the overall accumulative adjusted time of all the driving stages.
10. Time bonuses are earned by completing the Special sections. These can be night trails or special sections which when completed will be signed on your score sheet. Only one rig per driver is allowed to do the night trails which will be a follow my lead style trail with everyone staying in one group.
11. Stages can range in distance. Battery changes may be performed as needed on a stage. If a driver has only one battery and cannot complete the stage, the driver is allowed to recharge the battery but must restart the course from where his battery died. The clock stops for no man!
12. Once a stage has been started by the driver; the time will not stop until the driver has crossed the finish line. This includes repairs on course and in the pit. When the last driver to start a stage crosses the finish line, the stage is closed, if a driver is still on the stage when the stage closes, that driver will receive a DNF and given the max time for the stage. Pit repairs can only be done at a specific location which will be designated before the event starts. No changing of tyres are allowed.
13. No repairs or battery changes can be made during a skill section. On course repairs can be made at the point of breakage and as long as the stage is still open. If a repair or battery has to be replaced during a skill section, then the driver must move off the skill section. You must restart the skill section after repairing or replacing the battery. Skill sections are marked with red/white on ground tape as boundaries.
14. Drivers will start at specified intervals; if a driver catches up to a fellow driver/ drivers, the driver/ drivers that is being passed “must” yield to the faster driver immediately, this includes groups helping each other. A driver cannot overtake another driver during a skill section, unless the slower driver moves over and acknowledges you to pass. Driving over or pushing a rig out of the way is not allowed.
15. There is no “Hand of God”. This means all recoveries must be done by using a winch when possible. If the rig is underwater or stuck in mud and the driver grabs the rig a “which buddy penalty” must be marked, the event is designed for a driver to be a driver, not a basher. If a driver does not have a winch and has to use the “winch buddy penalty” to get through a gate then this must be marked on the score sheet. The rig must only be moved just in front of the area causing you trouble
16. Drivers can run in groups/ families, it is asked that parents accompany their children while out on the trails. Groups/ families can winch each other using a functional which or tow with a tow strap. This must be fixed to the rig and not held by drive while rig is recovered. No penalty is given for this.
17. Tyre changing is not allowed. A rig is classed partly by its tyre size and so the same tyres must be used for the whole event. In the event of damage to a tyre that cannot be repaired then tyres of the same make and compound must be used. If this is not possible see an official.
18. Any functional recovery tools you wish to use during your run, you must carry it on your rig at all times. IE tow strap, pull pal, and sand ladders
19. Winching can only be performed off of natural objects (i.e. trees, rocks, etc...), other vehicles, or stakes supplied by the course builder. Winching off of a person such as their shoe or hand is not allowed
20. No "Motor On Axle" (MOA) of any kind. All motors, transmissions, and other electronics (other than steering servos) must be chassis or frame mounted. Your axles must be driven by one transmission or transfer case and a minimum of two drive shafts (except CC-01, TA-02, etc) No separate throttle control of drive shafts or axles.
Stage Gates:
A stage will be marked with gates. The gates are used to define a stage and the colour of the gate will define the intended direction of the gate. A gate consists of two flags: on yellow and one red. The red flag is always on the right.
A rig must drive between the stage gates and all wheels must be inside the stage gates for progression, even if winching is required to successfully clear the gate. There is no straddling a stage gate to progress.
A stage gate can only be driven in the intended direction! A driver CANNOT drive through a stage gate and then reverse back through it to continue on the stage.
Please do not break the gate markers! If a gate marker is knocked over or out please replace.
Penalties/ Bonus:
Trail:
Hitting a gate marker will result in a 3 min time penalty.
Using the “winch buddy penalty” will result in a 5 min penalty.
Penalties must be marked there and then at the time of the penalty. A rig may be driven out of the gate to allow other rigs to get past while the penalty is marked on your score sheet. Any marking of score sheets after you have completed the course or when you stop for other reasons will result in a DNF and given the maximum time and points for said course.
Comp course:
On the 10-20 gate comp style courses a judge will score you for reverse, gate touch, roll over, winch, winch buddy (using another rig with a winch if you don’t have one) on your score sheet along with time. It is your responsibility to check this is correct and times are filled in. Any sheets with no times written will be given the maximum time for that course (normally 10 mins)
Progress points are given for getting through the gate cleanly i.e. you do not hit the gate markers when travelling through. Any other penalties do not affect the progress points
Your total points will then be converted into time. 1 point = 1 min
Skill Sections:
A skill section will have boundaries and be marked by red and white barrier tape.
A skill section will be a tighter section with boundaries marked on the ground during a normal 10 gate trail. If at any point you go outside of the boundary you must mark a gate touch penalty
Trailer challenge:
A trailer challenge may be ran at an event. The trailer must have the same wheel and tyre spec’s as required for the class of rig you are running. They do not need to be the same wheel and tyre but just fit with in the restrictions of the class.
This challenge will require you to run a 10-20 gate course pulling your trailer with some precious cargo. The cargo must remain in one piece and stay in the trailer at all times to qualify as finished. Gates are not clear until the rear most axle has cleared the gate markers.
Time will start when you are given your cargo and finish when the cargo is in the hand of the judge. A time limit will be decided before the start of the event.
Only one rig on the course at any one time.
Eggspect the cargo to be delicate!

--- Rules continued in next post... ---
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 02-09-2015, 04:44 AM
Scale truck obsessive.

Rest of the rules (too long for one post)...

Quote:
Classes
Class-1 “Road legal truck”
Vehicle must have a windshield that fills the entire windshield frame.
Full width of the body bumpers are required on the front and rear of the vehicle. Bumpers that are moulded into the body qualify. A rear bumper is not required on a flatbed,
The vehicles body must be mostly intact. Only mild trimming such as flairs & removing a hardtop are allowed. If the hardtop is removed, a full interior is required (no extreme trimming of bodies allowed)
The tread of the tires cannot extend outside of the wheel wells more then 1/2 of the tread width, flairs can be added to reach min. spec.
Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase) (Tamiya CC-01 chassis are allowed).
Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.
Tyres can never extend beyond the body’s bumpers or the rear of any truck bed. (Any stingers, fairleads, shackles, bolts, etc. are not considered part of a bumper when determining this.)
Dovetailing is not allowed.
Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed.
Bobbing a truck bed is allowed, but must follow all body specs.
Boat sides are not allowed.
106mm Max tyre size with 1.5-1.9” max wheel including spares. No specially made or comp tyres. No external tyre modification is allowed
Axles must have a 50:50 split on power (no under drive/over drive gears or split ratio transfer cases allowed) differentials are allowed
Class-2 “Dodgy MOT road legal”
Body/cage work must be at least 4.5" tall (including boat sides) and the inside of the front tires cannot extend outside of the width of the cab at the doors.
A front bumper is required and must be mounted to the vehicle's rail chassis and must be wider than the outside of the chassis rails (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers).
You must run a full rail chassis, and the chassis (including bumpers)
Truggies are allowed, the truggy rails must extend past the rear axle pumpkin to be legal. The bed must have a roll bar hoop and integrated shock mounts. It also must be a structural part of the rear of the vehicle. Honcho rear cages are allowed but are not classed as truggies rather just a body.
Flatbeds that run the full length of the rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed.
Dovetailing the rear *a truggy/tube bed that is narrower than the cab counts as a dovetail* (1/2 the width of the widest part of the cab).
Pinching the front (2/3 the width of the widest part of the cab).is allowed
125mm max tyre size with a 1.9” max wheel size including spare. No specially made or comp tyres. Tyre lugs maybe cut, sipped, grooved or trimmed
Class-3 “You’ll get pulled for that!”
150mm max tyre size with a 2.2” max wheel size (including spare).
A bumper is not required
Rock sliders, mirrors, etc. do not count in these measurements:
The distance between the inside of the tires (of any axle) can be no greater than 1.25" more than the width of the body at the doors.
*Example* (7" inside-of-tire to inside-of-tire = body must be 5.75" wide)
The body must be at least 5" wide from the front to the rear of the doors.
Body must be at least as long as the wheelbase of the vehicle.
Body modifications including, but not limited to, pinched front, dove-tailing and boat-siding are permitted
Truggies are allowed, the truggy rails must extend past the rear axle pumpkin to be legal. The bed must have a roll bar hoop and integrated shock mounts. It also must be a structural part of the rear of the vehicle. Honcho rear cages are allowed but are not classed as truggies rather just a body.
Wraith
2.2” rim and tyre only, No specially made or comp tyres. AR60 style axles only
Modifications to the cage are allowed but must not adjust the width of the body
Ultra 4 1.9
1.9” Wheel and tyre only. No specially made or comp tyres
Caged race style truggies (Twin hammers etc.)
Ultra 4 2.2
2.2” Wheel and tyre only. No specially made or comp tyres
Caged race style truggies (Yeti etc.)
Old 02-09-2015, 04:49 AM
LSTR

Member Number: 14525

I have a room in Premier inn Ripley.

I believe there will be events on Sunday including a truck and trailer trial.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Build it, trail it and rebuild it

Member Number: 23077

Just looked at the map and can't see any open areas where the event could be, where is it?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 22815

Its on bracken lane. Postcode de4 5as gets you close. Took me a little bit of time to find it but from the hotel it was easier.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:22 PM

Its the same place as on the video isn't it?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 22815

Yes
Old 02-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Call me Snowman!

Member Number: 16526

Hotel been booked since the dates were announced.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:46 AM
Trundler on tour

Member Number: 23348

Hi, I'm a newbie - assuming I get my truck built up and get plenty of practice, would this event be a good place for me, or is it super serious competitive?

(I used to work just up the road, and have friends I could stay with)
Old 02-10-2015, 01:31 AM
Scale truck obsessive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofurball View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie - assuming I get my truck built up and get plenty of practice, would this event be a good place for me, or is it super serious competitive?

(I used to work just up the road, and have friends I could stay with)
Definitely not super serious - Far more about having fun. All sorts went last year, from RTR SCX10s to completely scratch built rigs. If you are building a scale truck then it is definitely the place for you
Old 02-10-2015, 04:12 AM
Trundler on tour

Member Number: 23348

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelRC View Post
Definitely not super serious - Far more about having fun. All sorts went last year, from RTR SCX10s to completely scratch built rigs. If you are building a scale truck then it is definitely the place for you
Cool, I'll make a date then :-) thanks!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:23 AM

Is there going to be a camping area on the event site or somewhere else?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:57 AM
LSTR

Member Number: 14525

Facebook RRCi Scaler Nationals

all details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
Is there going to be a camping area on the event site or somewhere else?
Old 02-13-2015, 06:21 AM

still can't find any information is it this site? https://www.facebook.com/events/1594...ilter=upcoming
Old 02-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Call me Snowman!

Member Number: 16526

Best way to do it is to join the group and facebook and ask the question directly on there. Last year there was camping on site probably there will be but best to ask on there. The organisers can answer you directly