Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Big Rigs, Multi axle, & Tracked Vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Big Rigs, Multi axle, & Tracked Vehicles The place for "Semi" talk!
Tamiya and Wedico Tractor trailers!
Tamiya and other brand R/C Tanks and Tracked vehicles. And any vehicle with more than 2 axles; 6x6, 8x8, 10x10, etc!

Old 02-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Captain Scale

Member Number: 870
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

A new source for custom parts!
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:06 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 363
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Meh. I already have a King Hauler. How about giving us something visually unique to that?? How about a Kenworth T500, T600, T800, T900, or W900?? How about some frickin' Peterbilts?? They don't even offer a Mac truck, for cryin' out loud!! Until they get smarter about what they offer, I'll just stay with my King Hauler and Knight Hauler.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:37 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 23185
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Reign View Post
Meh. I already have a King Hauler. How about giving us something visually unique to that?? How about a Kenworth T500, T600, T800, T900, or W900?? How about some frickin' Peterbilts?? They don't even offer a Mac truck, for cryin' out loud!! Until they get smarter about what they offer, I'll just stay with my King Hauler and Knight Hauler.
I'm with you there, aside from the Mac part. The king hauler looks like an FLD120 and a 378 mated and that is what came out. I want to build a semi, but I want to build something scale. Something that is based off of a real truck. More bodies would really open up the semi market, I think. A few body options would grab my interest, classic and late model Peterbuilt, Kennworth, Western Star, stuff like that. I don't see the euro style trucks being that popular in the US. Also, the vast majority of actual truck drivers in the US would rather die than drive a cabover. They had a reputation as lower level company trucks, stuff rookies got stuck in so they wouldn't damage a nice truck. When I was driving, I watched about 40 new hires at a small company all quit when they informed us that their fleet was all cabover. Every single one of us left, and they went under having not moved a single load. Hey couldn't find a single driver that was willing to drive mid 90's Freightshaker cabovers in 03.

Something like the Grand Hauler but with scale bodies based on real, popular models of trucks would probably have 10 times more interest. Offer a 379 ext hood Pete, W900 Kenny, Western Star and maybe a Classic XL freighliner, but also offer the 60's or 70's equivalent for those wanting a classic. If there was a modern 379 and a Classic like the 72 and older Pete Needlenose, I would have 2 or more ordered already, and all the upgrade parts. Without bodies based on real, popular trucks, I would only be interested in a kit if it was dirt cheap. And I mean basically giveaway price. Not being a styrene master like some on this site, the lack of a decent body is a major deterrent. Also, options like different frame lengths and different sleeper choices would help as well. Let's see daycab, small sleeper, studio sleeper and custom oversize sleeper options. High roof and mid roof options as well.